🐈
» Forums » Clients » FILING A COMPLAINT
Page options
realatiba
Community Member

FILING A COMPLAINT

In September I hired a contractor to build an app. The work was steadily going along. The contractor and I agreed on a fixed price that was calculated by the number of hours it would take to build the app. At 66 hours we hit a roadblock. I was told that the workspace for the app would be delivered, and it was. . However it was missing a critical component. The contractor said I was 34 hours behind in payment, two weeks ago. I paid for the hours to bring the contract current. The workspace functions I needed were created a week ago. then I asked to have then clean up redundant items on the workspace. During that time I created an additional milestone and I was ready to create another milestone today. But the issues still have not been addressed. tthat is thhe two most critical functions. this happened on Friday. They sent me a link to the admin panel with little or no instructions. 12 hours have gone by and I still don't have an answer. I don't mind paying for the app weekly, but I don't want to pay for something before I can at least test what I have during the process. Not sure how to proceed. 

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

I am very sorry if you have experienced any disappointment while using Upwork.

But Upwork does not directly provide project management services, which appears to be what you are looking for.

If you want to hire a project manager, there are thousands of highly qualified PMs available to hire on Upwork.

You may also hire a PM who is NOT an Upwork freelancer.

If you don't want to continue working with a specific freelancer, you certainly don't need to. You may close a contract at any time, for any reason.

But based on your post, it doesn't sound like you want to simply stop working with this freelancer. It sounds like the freelancer is NOT a PM, and you are NOT a PM, but you require the services of a PM.

re: "I don't want to pay for something before I can at least test what I have during the process"

It is not Upwork's intention that you pay for fixed-price work before you or your PM receive and test the files.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Warren, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with this freelancer. I checked your account but I was unable to locate  contract that was started in September. Do you mind sharing the Contract ID you are referring to so that I can look into this further?

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths