🐈
» Forums » Clients » Fake proposal (and an expelled freelancer pre...
Page options
anastasi_ash
Community Member

Fake proposal (and an expelled freelancer pretending to be a client)

So there is this men called **Edited for community guidelines** (from Singapore). He created a 3500-words general translation proposal to which I had happily responded yesterday. After having a chat in the messaging section he asked me for a Skype interview. I have checked Upwork terms and found out that it is allowed at our own risk (as long as no personal information is given) so I agreed. 

Turns out this men is a developer from Upwork whose account was closed (and creating a new one didn't help him cause he kept getting blocked). All he wanted was to «cooperate» with me by using my account and Teamviewer or something. 

I am only starting out here on Upwork and trying to use my chances. I was hoping for an honest cooperation and finally becoming a reliable contractor but all I did was waste my time. I don't even know whether I am more shocked or dissapointed right now.

Does anyone know how this information can be brought to the Upwork support team?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Hang on a few more moments and they reach out too you. In the meantime you can edit you message removing the clients name ans skype ID.

Flag the job so it will be closed for ToS violation so you get your connects back.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jr-translation
Community Member

Hang on a few more moments and they reach out too you. In the meantime you can edit you message removing the clients name ans skype ID.

Flag the job so it will be closed for ToS violation so you get your connects back.

Thank you, Jennifer.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anastasia,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I will share this with our team for future investigation. You can report a client either by clicking on the cog wheel next to their messages and reporting it as inappropriate or by flagging their job posting. The team reviews all reports against Upwork ToS and takes actions as needed. Check out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths