🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancer ended contract - no idea where the...
Page options
e65d35f6
Community Member

Freelancer ended contract - no idea where the funds from escrow went - Upwork does not show!

Dear all,

I emailed upresponsive freelancer that I want to end the contract, he emailed back that "he did that for me" - there were $2000 in excrow, now after contract has ended it shows that escrow is empty. My bank sent me a text message right after that "refund is notified to the bank", but now they say amounts don't match. I wonder could freelnacer request (without notifying) to be paid more? I so overpaid already for what I got (hence the reason for cancellation).

How can I contact Support Center and actually file a question to resolution stuff??? I spent last 2 hours looking for the option everywhere - just cannot find it. Please help. 

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Olga,

To request help, you can click the question mark icon (see screenshot) located at the bottom right corner of this page and provide information about your account type as well as the issue you need help with. *Note: you must be logged in to see this option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click the "thumbs down" button and you'll see more support options.

Regarding the refund, I checked it was already initiated on the 23rd of May (milestone + service fees). You can expect the funds to reflect on your account within 5 business days. For more information, you can check the Reports > Transactions page.

Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

re: "I wonder could freelnacer request (without notifying) to be paid more?"

No.

The freelancer can't do something like that.

A fixed-price contract doesn't have an option for a freelancer to "request more" and thus initiate a charge to a client. And something like that definitely can not be done after a contract has been closed.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths