🐈
» Forums » Clients » Freelancers Ignoring what is agreed during in...
Page options
e293a590
Community Member

Freelancers Ignoring what is agreed during interview

I noticed that when I hire writers and we agree on No-AI rule, they still turn around to use the AI. Now, as a writer myself and someone conversant with how AI works, I know that when AI gives you content, you will have to find the references yourself. I hired this freelancer to write on education. She submitted the work. At first glance, it was okay. But when I read thru the 6000 words, I noticed several places where the content was extracted from energy business. She did not even bother to refine it.

She is the sixth freelancer I noticed that did that.

Upwork should make it possible for clients to change feedbacks left on their profiles. Some of these freelancers just want to submit a job and get paid, even if they did subpar work.

6 REPLIES 6
759e32fa

Hi Akinkunle,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We understand how important it is to receive the work you asked for when you offered the contract to freelancers.

While we don't have any oversight about what goes on in the contract, and we cannot judge the quality of the work provided by the freelancer, our system offers an option to request a refund whether full or partial. However, please keep in mind that once the funds are released to the freelancers, it is at their discretion whether they'll issue a refund or not. 

Please also be aware that you have the option to ask for revision when they submit their work on a fixed-price contract. That way, the funds will remain in Escrow until you release it to them.

As for the feedback, you can only change your public feedback if they enable this feature on their end. Remember, there is also an option to leave private feedback. This is specially designed so that we can get your honest rating on the freelancers' quality of work.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you for the helpful response. I appreciate the privacy that Upwork offers by not intruding into contracts. I noticed that this freelancer had written her review before. However, after mine was made public, she changed what she wrote to a malicious one. I understand that Top-rated freelancers can do this. Is it available to clients too?

Toprated FLs unable to edit feedback without your permission. But able to remove it (many requirements must fit). 

CLs unable to edit feedback without FL permission.

Last lime Upwork removed any validation and opened door for scammers. Anyone free to register. Keep eye on registration date. If 2 year more then it should be reliable person. Do not try to play with freshly registered, you will get same result.

Assumption of FL journey and valiadation is not correct. One have to look many variable for FLs authenticity.

kkears
Community Member

Akinkunle J wrote:

She is the sixth freelancer I noticed that did that.

This tells me that you're hiring the wrong freelancers. Is this a "you get what you pay for" situation? What rates are these freelancers charging you?

tlsanders
Community Member

Upwork gives you 14 days to review the work before you make payment. Just review the work before you rate someone.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths