🐈
» Forums » Clients » GST Number
Page options
e5932ca0
Community Member

GST Number

Hi there, I need confirmation on Upwork's GST number - I am in New Zealand.

Many thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tracey, 

Please note that Upwork is an online marketplace where clients directly engage and pay freelancers to perform services. Clients do not pay the freelancer service fees to Upwork. Instead, Upwork's affiliate, Upwork Escrow Inc., acts as an escrow agent and passes funds from the client to the freelancer. In general, since the service fees are paid to your freelancer through the escrow service, we do not believe that having this information is necessary.

Let us know if we can further assist you with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tracey, 

Please note that Upwork is an online marketplace where clients directly engage and pay freelancers to perform services. Clients do not pay the freelancer service fees to Upwork. Instead, Upwork's affiliate, Upwork Escrow Inc., acts as an escrow agent and passes funds from the client to the freelancer. In general, since the service fees are paid to your freelancer through the escrow service, we do not believe that having this information is necessary.

Let us know if we can further assist you with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork
c5338a15
Community Member

Hi

I’m an Upwork client from INDIA. My account department keeps asking me “Upwork GST number” while filings GST. They are just in need of UPWORK GST NUMBER be placed in invoices. In that case, we’ll get the full waive off from paying GST. If not we have to bare additional tax payments they can go upto 28%. This usually hinders our further scope on Upwork. Please do the needful.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Silvia, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further regarding your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths