🐈
» Forums » Clients » Getting invoices by e-mail
Page options
cecc1705
Community Member

Getting invoices by e-mail

How can I get invoices as a client automatically by email? I don't want to login and download the invoices each month. 

96 REPLIES 96

i need this as well. why are you diverting all requests to support tickets?

Hi Muhammed,

I'm afraid there isn't currently an option within your account settings to set this up yourself, which is why our Customer Support team helps with this. I've escalated your post via a support ticket so they can assist you further. I will also share your post with the team as feedback for future consideration. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0d0a5c3d
Community Member

I would also like this to be setup on my account.  

Hi David,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b7cea516
Community Member

Hi, I also need a way of automatically receiving PDF invoices - either via email or via the API.
Can you please open a support ticket. Thank you.

Hi, 
I am new here, having the confusion in the payment method and tax informtion. please help me out.
Best Regards,

Muteeba Azhar

Hi Muteeba,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to Upwork! We understand that knowing when and how you’ll get paid is important for planning and peace of mind. To make it easy for you to access your money, we offer a number of choices for withdrawing your funds. You can withdraw directly to your bank account or our third-party payment vendors. You can find more information about these options by visiting this help article.

Regarding your tax information query, the W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E are U.S. tax forms for non-U.S. Persons. We and the IRS use them to determine whether you live in the U.S. and what taxes, if any, we need to collect from your earnings on Upwork. You must have this form on file before you can withdraw earnings from Upwork.

That said, to complete the W-8BEN or W-8BEN-E, you’ll need to complete three cards in the Tax Information section of your settings. You may check this help article for more information and detailed instructions on how to complete the form.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Ok. Thank you Arjay. I understand but i am having other question that i am just a student, having no tax details even no income. How can i add these details ?

Hi Muteeba,

Your Tax Identification Number is the number that your country uses for collecting your tax information and may have a different name, such as PAN in India, for example. Some countries may use a national ID number. You may be able to find information about your country’s TIN here.

If you have questions about your number, you will need to consult a tax advisor in your country or contact your local tax authority. Let us know if you still need further assistance and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Ok understood.

Thank you soo much.

62bcc603
Community Member

Hi,

I can't find any way to get PDF invoices in Email, is it possible?

It's annoying to have to fetch them manually.

Hi Jakob,

Thank you for reaching out to us. All payments on your Reports › Transaction History have official invoices that are ready to be downloaded or printed for record-keeping purposes. You may want to check this page to find steps on how you can download invoices from your account. 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
33eaba6f
Community Member

It is not that hard to also send it by email to us right? With PDF attached. There are already 4 threads on this and everybody wants this. So please fix this. 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Clients/Getting-invoices-by-e-mail/m-p/603778

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Support-Forum/PDF-Invoices-in-email/m-p/1453770/highlight/true

3393fb4c
Community Member

As upwork is either unwilling or incompetent at implementing basic accounting automation, another company is offering it's services for that.

I'll try it out and report - I think as this topic is open for over 4 years now, Upwork will never implement.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

It feels scary to enter your login details for all your upwork accounts and give someone direct access into your upwork account to hire and pay freelancers, or access your bank details with your login credentials. 

I have a solution to remove the manual work out of it and get your invoices sent to you without sharing any login credentials. 

Best of all, it will run on your system and you have full ownership of the method.

I see that that this is a concern. Would you share more about your solution? Do you run it as an userscript in the browser, or have an api call called by a script?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths