🐈
» Forums » Clients » Hiring talent to work on-site through UpWork?
Page options
91f2aad5
Community Member

Hiring talent to work on-site through UpWork?

Looking to hiring a copywriter and we were hoping to get someone to work on-site. Would this even be possible through UpWork? Has anyone else done this?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Looking to hiring a copywriter and we were hoping to get someone to work on-site. Would this even be possible through Upwork?"

Yes.

It is possible.

It is allowed.

re: "Has anyone else done this?"

The majority of jobs posted on Upwork are remote jobs. Not on-site. But many clients use Upwork to hire freelancers to do on-site work.

They key to your success is to be clear about the location. Be clear that the work will be done on-site. You should name the location in the job title.

Within the body of the job posting, specify: "This job is for local freelancers only. Travel expenses are not reimbursed."

a_lipsey
Community Member

Kelly C wrote:

Looking to hiring a copywriter and we were hoping to get someone to work on-site. Would this even be possible through UpWork? Has anyone else done this?

Not as a client, but I have visited the offices of clients I have met through Upwork. You have to set the job to require someone in your area, basically, and put in the job description that you are looking for someone to visit you on-site. I wouldn't put an address, just a city, possibly a zip code, so people know how far away they might be. 

You may also have to work out a fixed price versus hourly contract or allow manual hours because tracking time when you come onsite to work with a client isn't conducive to using the time tracker. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths