🐈
» Forums » Clients » How can i request a refund?
Page options
8f530a7f
Community Member

How can i request a refund?

I hired a freelancer as a blockchain developer. Our contract specified that they would do the listed task in about 6-7 weeks.

100h – Coin development & web wallet

35h – Admin panel, website development

120h – exchange & pool

During the first 2 weeks, the freelancer usually worked regularly; however, I noticed on the screenshot that they were just working on the same thing repeatedly. In the third week, they were just copying code from another project and inserting it to appear to be doing something for the project I hired them for. Then, after the third week, they became unresponsive and just recently started to work 10 to 30 minutes per week. Every time that I asked them about the project, they said that the developer was going to work on it the following week. They have been working on the project for about 13 weeks, and they haven't developed anything. I want to ask for a refund because the freelancer did not have the knowledge to work on the project, which is why they could not complete it. They also missed the deadliness, and they would never finish the project because they don’t know how to. What can i do to get a refund from them? 

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Refund thinking hurts clients.

I hope that you achieve your goals. I want what is best for you.

But what if you never receive any refund whatsoever?

Then, in hindsight, would it not have been better to stop paying the freelancer?

Rather than continuing to pay the freelancer and hoping to get money back?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this freelancer. You can find instructions on how to send a refunds request here. That said, I checked the contract and it looks like you've already received a couple of refunds from this freelancer. You can check this in the contract room under Time & Payments by adjusting the timesheets and payments calendar.

I would suggest you continue communicating with the freelancer directly in order to reach a mutual agreement on how to proceed and hopefully resolve things amicably.

~Andrea
Upwork
8f530a7f
Community Member

I agree to receive $1,000 and gave the freelancer a month to complete the project. However, last week it was the month and the freelancer isn't replying.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths