🐈
» Forums » Clients » How do I get the remining fund held in escrow...
Page options
b4690963
Community Member

How do I get the remining fund held in escrow to my designer?

Please help as I dont seem to be able to get hold of anyone to advise.  The chat does not seem to work.  My work has ended with my designer so the contract is closed but half of the fund held in escrow has not been released to the designer how do I make sure he gets his money?  I have wasted a lot of time trying to communicate with someone at Upwork please help.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Member

Are there multiple milestones that you funded, but only one has been submitted to you? That is the only non-investigation/review reason that I can think of for the funds not being paid out. Maybe someone else here knows of others?

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Assita, each Milestone needs to be approved and then 100% of the monies will be released. Recheck. Thanks!

colettelewis
Community Member

Assita, if you have closed the contract, this is a little more complicated. You will first have to ask the freelancer to refund what remains in escrow - you have to do this through Upwork:  https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062058 and then I think you can pay the remainder of what you owe via a bonus payment, but I have flagged your post so that a moderator can intervene. 

b4690963
Community Member

Thank you all.  I finally got through to support who advised me to issue a bonus payment for the outstanding fee.  Glad to say that it worked.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths