How do I report a freelancer?

Zakariae M Member Since: Dec 2, 2019
1 of 18

I want to report a freelancer cheating in his work and did not complete it

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 18

You don't need to report a freelancer.

You have the right to fire a freelancer AT ANY TIME, for ANY reason.

You may close the contract and work with other freelancers who are a better fit for your project.

If you want to report what the freelancer did, then YOU MAY DO SO by closing the contract and leaving accurate, factual written feedback about what the freelancer did.

3 of 18

How do I report it?

Thank you

Community Guru
4 of 18

It is easy to do this.

Go to your contracts list.

Select the contract in question. Click on the "three dots" icon next to the contract name.

Select "Close Contract" or "Cancel Contract" from the dropdown menu.

Read: End Your Contract

5 of 18

I found him cheating in his job after closing the contract and completing the deal and told him to correct his work but he didn't want to.
He tells me I do but he didn't, for a week and I wait for him
How do I report it?

Thank you

Community Guru
6 of 18

You may report a freelancer by going to his profile page and clicking on the "Flag as inappropriate" link button.

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 1.52.52 PM.png

It is ALSO possible to create a Customer Support ticket. But that takes more effort on your part.

It may also be possible to click on the name of a Forum moderator and send a private message about the issue.

But either way, you should probably add a post to this thread to describe what it is that you want to report the freelancer for.

Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
7 of 18

Preston H wrote:

It is easy to do this.

Go to your contracts list.

Select the contract in question. Click on the "three dots" icon next to the contract name.

Select "Close Contract" or "Cancel Contract" from the dropdown menu.

Read: End Your Contract

He's saying he discovered the cheating AFTER already closing the contract.

Community Guru
Kelly B Member Since: Jan 1, 2016
8 of 18

How did he/she cheat?

9 of 18

When upload the application on my account google play, I found many glitches and Crashes, more than 3.5k, and lost 50% of my users, exploited twice my knowledge in applications.

I told him to fix glitches and Crashes but he didn't, he reads my messages in upwork and whatsapp and doesn't answer.

1.png

2.png

Community Guru
10 of 18

Zakariae:

I am sorry if you had a disappointing experience with that Upwork freelancer.

You may create an Upwork customer support ticket to discuss this matter with an Upwork support employee. But to what end? How will doing that help you?

It looks like it would be a waste of your time, and would not accomplish anything.

Based on what you have told us, it sounds like the freelancer you hired had insufficient skill to accomplish the task that you wanted him to with the level of quality your project requires.

There is nothing that Upwork can do about that. Upwork can't force him to continue working on your project with significantly increased skill.

The solution to your problem is to work with other freelancers.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS