🐈
» Forums » Clients » How to get money out of escrow
Page options
8793b0ac
Community Member

How to get money out of escrow

Hi all,

Accidently I funded Escrow with $ 130 instead of $ 13 I had to pay. I paid the $ 13 to the freelancer. But now there is $ 117 still in Escrow. How do I get this back to my balance?

Second question. When the money is back in my balance, can I transfer it back to my PayPal account?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

@Jasper L wrote:

Hi all,

Accidently I funded Escrow with $ 130 instead of $ 13 I had to pay. I paid the $ 13 to the freelancer. But now there is $ 117 still in Escrow. How do I get this back to my balance?

Close the contract and ask for the Escrow funds to be returned to you (you get to choose whether to release them to the freelancer orr to get them back). Once the freelancer approves the request, or after 7 days if the freelancer does not react to the request, the funds go back to the payment method they came from.

56fe1751
Community Member

Hi ,How i transfer escrow balance in main balance.kindly suggest ?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Satyadev,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If there's no more work needed on this contract, you may request an Escrow refund. To do this, kindly follow these steps:

1. Go to My Jobs to locate the contract
  2. Choose the (...) options menu and select End contract
  3. Choose Pay nothing and request a refund or Pay another amount when ending the contract

Kindly check this help article for more information as there will be different processes thereafter depending on the freelancer's response.

~ AJ
Upwork
32e81aaf
Community Member

To get the excess funds out of Escrow and back into your Upwork balance, follow these steps:

1. Communicate with the freelancer and request a refund.
  2. Initiate a refund request on Upwork.
  3. Await the freelancer's confirmation.
  4. If needed, seek assistance from Upwork support.

Once the funds are back in your balance, you can transfer them to your PayPal account using Upwork's withdrawal options.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths