cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Markdown in job descriptions

Ace Contributor
Nathan J Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
1 of 3

Is this feature somewhere on the roadmap?

I'm talking about Markdown syntax similar to what you can use on StackExchange, Trello, Slack, etc. 

It's 2019, and job descriptions must still be plain text...

If we were talking about HTML in job descriptions, I'd understand the reluctance. But Markdown offers basic formatting with no security tradeoffs. And it can't break your layout.

Your devs wouldn't even need to write a Markdown parser - there are tons of free, open source packages out there. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 3

re: "Is this feature somewhere on the roadmap?"

No.

re: "It's 2019, and job descriptions must still be plain text..."

Honestly, a lot of people love plain text.

I understand your points. Your idea has the virtue of being something that hasn't been discussed before here in the Forum. Not to my recollection, anyway.

Regardless of where things stand right now, if this is an idea that has merit, and if there is any possibility of Upwork doing something with this idea, this Forum IS the right place to discuss it.

Ace Contributor
Nathan J Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 3

A lot of people love plain text.

Plain text was great years ago, but is not appropriate for formatting. There's a reason we have HTTP rather than PTTP. 

It's kind of silly to support full-blown HTML and embedded media in forum posts, yet not support even the most basic formatting options (via Markdown) in job descriptions. Misplaced priorities.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS