🐈
» Forums » Clients » Milestone Payment - Milestone Paid but not by...
Page options
thesmartoffice
Community Member

Milestone Payment - Milestone Paid but not by me

Hello

Can you tell me how a payment (ID: 375091477) went through for a milestone that I never approved????????

Not having a support email for accounts type questions is NOT how this should be handled. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Cathal

4 REPLIES 4
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cathal,

To request help, you can click the question mark icon (see screenshot) located at the bottom right corner of this page and provide information about your account type as well as the issue you need help with. *Note: you must be logged in to see this option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click the "thumbs down" button and you'll see more support options.

I checked the transaction and the contract in question. It looks like your freelancer submitted work for payment on the 31st of March and the milestone got automatically approved after 14 days. Remember that when your freelancer or agency submits a milestone for your approval, you have 14 days to review. If you do not take action, that is considered approval and funds will be automatically released to your freelancer or agency. For more information, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

The freelancer requested payment and I responded by messaging them that payment was not going to be made due to payment being sent on a completed milestone that was in fact not completed. 

If someone requests payment do I have to deny payment??

Hi Cathal,

Yes, you need to request changes for the milestone submission. Please check the help article I shared in my previous post and the "Request changes" section. Let me know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Cathal B wrote:

If someone requests payment do I have to deny payment??

Yes, you have to request changes. Otherwise the milestone is released after 14 days.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths