🐈
» Forums » Clients » My Freelancer had his account suspended - los...
Page options
811048b5
Community Member

My Freelancer had his account suspended - lost work.

Hi,

On Tuesday I received a notification that a Freelancer I had been working with for 6+ months had their account suspended.  Since then I have been attempting to engage with the support team to try and find out what happened, but so far I havent received a response.  I appreciate I may never know the actual reason which may be subject to privacy restrictions, but I was hoping for a bit of an explanation on the process and an elaboration on what options are avaiable to me to move forward.

For ballance, Upwork did refund me the most recent payment to the Freelancer, which is appreciated, but to be honest the hit I am taking is on lost time, materials, and most importantly PCB designs - I was due to receive them this week from my Freelancer.

If anyone has found themselves in a similar situation, I would really like to hear from them - is my Freelancer gone forever?

If anyone from the support team reads this, please can I have a reply?

Thanks,

Stuart.

7 REPLIES 7
ArjayM

Hi Stuart,

Please note that we can't disclose information about other users' accounts for Privacy reasons. There are several factors why the account's being suspended. We may suspend accounts that violate our Terms of Service. You can read about our most important policies to learn which account activities and behaviors are off-limits. You may want to check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
811048b5
Community Member

I appreciate that, but could someone please reply to any of my support
queries? I feel like I need to understand this a bit better, I'm concerned
this may happen again and I'm not keen to keep paying for things I don't
receive.

Thanks,
Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

No reply so far.  Its been 8 days since the account suspention and my first query and 4 since my most recent follow up.

Hi Stuart,

We sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. I have submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case. Please allow our team time to further review your case and expect an update on this support ticket from one of the members momentarily. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
811048b5
Community Member

Hi Arjay, still waiting.

befb7353
Community Member

Don't worry just contact with upwork through their help center or send email to them about account suspended . they will reaponse why your account suspend and how you can acivate it again .

Latest Articles
Learning Paths