🐈
» Forums » Clients » My freelancer disputed my cancel, what can I ...
Page options
7a4397fc
Community Member

My freelancer disputed my cancel, what can I do?

I hired a freelancer and have gave me fake followers but his post said he will give me 100% real users, now when I have cancelled my order, he has disputed that, what should I do. I am totally new to upwork, please help

8 REPLIES 8
bobafett999
Community Member

You can go to dispute and if it doesn't work out go to arbitration at a cost of about non refundable $325.  Both you and the freelancer pay that

But Archana I still maintain that you were trying to trick your prospective customers by advertising thousands of followers.  Now that guy tricked you.

In the overall scheme of thing, you got your match.  I wouldn't keep high hopes of getting the money back - if you have already released money.

7a4397fc
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi sir, I dnt know why you feel I am a fraud, I have attached my video with my brand and the followers he has provided

https://www.upwork.com/nx/wm/workroom/34625801/overview this is the link of the guy i took service from, please let me know if I am wrong or you are just pushing me to make me feel guilty, He says Real & Organic...also I have never used Upwork before this is my first time and am facing a fraud issue rather than trying to understand me or support me you, you are blindly saying I am fraud and all these words "you got your match" hope this video clears your idea of Real & Organic Views..

Hi Archana,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience. I understand that you're new to Upwork and that you expected the freelancer to provide the services they promised.

I checked your account and noticed that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
7a4397fc
Community Member

Also after this if you still think I am a fraud, I would request you to not read my post and reply such bad words without duing your due dillegence

7a4397fc
Community Member

and before you say who is this **Edited for Community Guidelines** by watching the video, he is my husaband and this is my business and the aoftware loom has his account connected, just clearing thing upi otherwise you will say I am a fraud again, and if you are serious ust check the links and reply what you think, rather than just writing something once and ghosting

Archana:
As a client, I have hired over 180 freelancers on Upwork.

My advice to clients, to help clients save time and money:
Proactively decide to NEVER dispute.

NEVER ask freelancers for money.

It is a waste of time.

What clients should do is this:
Hire freelancers.

Continue working with freelancers if you love their work.

FIRE them if you don't love their work.

Don't pay money to freelancers and then try to get that money back. It rarely works.

You're better off monitoring a freelancer's work and FIRING THEM quicky if you don't like what they are doing for you.

You should plan on never having Upwork Customer Service intervene with your freelancers and projects. That isn't their job. It doesn't help a client to think that way.

Hire and fire.

Very simple.

No "disputes." No "refunds." That's like chasing for pots of gold at the end of a rainbow. Illusory. And a waste of time.

bobafett999
Community Member

williamtcooper
Community Member

Archana,

Request a revision of the work. If the freelancer refuses and goes to the dispute department, that department will handle the issue.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths