🐈
» Forums » Clients » Never trust Upwork SEO freelancer called **Ed...
Page options
7feed026
Community Member

Never trust Upwork SEO freelancer called **Edited** (Upwork reputation is broken!)

Never trust Upwork SEO freelancer called **Edited for Community Guidelines** (Upwork reputation is broken!)

Be aware of this freelancer, he will make huge promises and sound responsible during the video consultation, once he started gaining your trust, he will just pass the contract to some other team member building the junk backlinks which would disappear in one week!  

Surprisingly, the mediation team **Edited for Community Guidelines** from upwork  told me there is nothing he can do and closed my dispute despite there are plenty of evidence showing this freelancer is just a fraud!!. 

He will also build some paid junk classified backlinks which would temporarily grow your visitors from India to your website for a short amount of time, which absolutely does not help on your website at all, but only looks good on the report, so that he can trick you to continue to pay him. After one month, your organize traffic would crash to 0, and thats because the classified links that he built only last 1 month and then disappear, they are there only to trick you into thinking his method worked, but in reality, all of the works are scams!!!!! I cannot believe how come this kind of person would be TOP Rated Freelancer !!! There must be some backdoor trick that he can use to either bribe the Upwork staff or some dodgy way to make his profile one of the high-rank profiles in Upwork. I would never come back using Upwork again, as this platform now is filled with all kinds of scammers and yet the Upwork mediation team does nothing to help clients here !! what a joke 

For anyone interested in checking his work, please see the evidence below and see by yourself how horrible his work is !!

1) Links on sites of domain zones that are not suitable for my website content at all. (There were tons more in his report, which gives 0 value to my website, therefore, it cannot be counted as work, because it is irrelevant to what I want to achieve in my contract) Here, for example, is a link to the Italian site: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

2) Non-working pages with a 404 code. There were 1000 more in his report

(This means I am paying money for building nothing all backlinks do not exist anymore, which shows why my website search bumped in such a short period and then went back to 0 again.) A few examples are below

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Office cleaning service Sydney

3) Links from sites with 0 Domain Rating

(There were tons more in his report, which gives 0 value to my website, therefore, it cannot be counted as work, because it contributes nothing to what I want to achieve in my contract, which equals no backlinks here are created)

4) There is an image or video, but there is no link to our site (that is, it does not make any sense and does not help our site in any way): (Basically, no backlinks here are created linking back to my website.)

5) All links are made only to the main page, although it would be better to make links to several pages of the site and especially to our landing pages like **Edited for Community Guidelines** with appropriate anchors

6) Links are all on the same site, which is not ideal at all.

etc

7) Uploading pdf files to sites without a link to our site does not make any sense, because we do not receive a link from the site: (Basically, no backlinks here are created linking back to my website.)

All links from his "Classified Submission" category do not open: (Basically, no backlinks here are created linking back to my website.)

Below is the result after 2 months of work. what a joke, ranking, and clicks are all dropping. and yet he still wants me to continue to work with him for another 2 months, everything will be on google first page! what a fraud !!, no one agent can promise you just 2 months they can rank you on google the first page, if they do, it must be a horrible black hat method, which is exactly what this freelancer does!!!

Surprisingly, the mediation team **Edited for Community Guidelines** from upwork  told me there is nothing he can do. 

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Sheng,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the Freelancer. I see that you are still communicating with the team via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

I'd like to add that a number of comments have been edited or removed from this thread as they were in violation of the Community Guidelines. If you’d like to report any content or activity that may be suspicious or in violation of Upwork TOS, please use available tools to flag it privately. Public accusations of misconduct or wrongdoing are against the Community Guidelines.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I tried, but  the team couldn't help anything. End of day, neither I got refund or rework .they just let the freelancer get away with fraudulent work 

df602768
Community Member

no one agent can promise you just 2 months they can rank you on google the first page, if they do, it must be a horrible black hat method, which is exactly what this freelancer does!!!

LOL. Of course it can happen. With proper SEO optimization and targeting the correct keywords, pages can appear on the first pages of Google within 2 or less months. What are you saying?

Clearly you've no idea how this work.

Do you know this person can sue you because you undermine/discredit his business and work?

The freelancer even said: No guarantee for SEO ranking of the first page but improvement in clicks 

You fail to realize that by investing in a freelancer, there's risk. You might lose your money because the freelancer's work might not be up to your standards. And that's OK. 

Freelancers are humans, too. And they work. Even if you don't like the result, they still worked, so they need to get paid. End of story. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths