🐈
» Forums » Clients » New client need to pass verification?
Page options
Md Abrar M Community Member

New client need to pass verification?

Hello Community,

Recently one of my clients wants to join Upwork and ai influenced him to join with us here. But one thing he wants to know is that, does he need to face any verification while he joins and gives the offer to a freelancer? Like visual verification or ID verification?

Thanks for your help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Preston H Community Member

Md Abrar:
For many years, it was my impression that there was no verification whatsoever required of clients.

But in the past six months I have seen many posts in the Forum, posted by clients who have faced verification problems.

I believe that Upwork has instituted changed and that Upwork is now asking some clients to undergo verification procedures.

I believe this is being done for security reasons, as a response to issues that have arisen with scammers.

I don't know if there is a help document about this, or if Upwork moderators want to share even more information about this. As far as I can tell, clients are NOT asked to undergo the same identify verification protocols that freelancers are asked to go through. And I believe that not all clients are asked to undergo the same identity verification protocols.

As a freelancer, I want to see there be as few hoops as possible for clients to jump through before they post jobs, hire me, and pay me money. I don't like reading posts in the Forum from clients frustrated by technical glitches in identity verification. If this is something that can't be accomplished smoothly, then I would prefer that Upwork not do it at all. If there are glitches and technical difficulties, then Upwork should make every effort to have Customer Support available to quickly help clients resolve any issues.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Md Abrar,

If our team requires it, they will reach out to the client directly and request the details they need. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks a lot for the help

Preston H Community Member

Md Abrar:
For many years, it was my impression that there was no verification whatsoever required of clients.

But in the past six months I have seen many posts in the Forum, posted by clients who have faced verification problems.

I believe that Upwork has instituted changed and that Upwork is now asking some clients to undergo verification procedures.

I believe this is being done for security reasons, as a response to issues that have arisen with scammers.

I don't know if there is a help document about this, or if Upwork moderators want to share even more information about this. As far as I can tell, clients are NOT asked to undergo the same identify verification protocols that freelancers are asked to go through. And I believe that not all clients are asked to undergo the same identity verification protocols.

As a freelancer, I want to see there be as few hoops as possible for clients to jump through before they post jobs, hire me, and pay me money. I don't like reading posts in the Forum from clients frustrated by technical glitches in identity verification. If this is something that can't be accomplished smoothly, then I would prefer that Upwork not do it at all. If there are glitches and technical difficulties, then Upwork should make every effort to have Customer Support available to quickly help clients resolve any issues.

Thank You buddy for the information

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths