🐈
» Forums » Clients » No Client Centricity - Will be deceived by fr...
Page options
f273064c
Community Member

No Client Centricity - Will be deceived by freelancers who are scam artists

I hired a freelancer to create a specific e-commerce shop name, logo, and banner for me. The specific e-commerce website is etsy and he didnt even do the thourough research to see if shop name was availbabe. 

I found out the shop names sent have already been taken and I asked for a full refund back as this freelancer did not even do the research to ensure it was available. 

Then he sent me logo designs which were just the Name that I cant even use in different colors. This**Edited for community guidelines**freelancer is a scam artist and I am now seeing how they are favoring the freelancer over myself when I'm the one who got scammed on a) the ecommerce shop name that I cant use and b) a logo that isnt even a design but the fraudulent shop name in different colors. 

Be careful of some these freelancers as they dont even know the basics of logo design 101. A logo is a symbol or an extenstion of what your brand represents, not a fraudulent name put into different colors. 

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Emilia:

I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience while using Upwork.

Not every freelancer hiring works out.

My advice to you is to not use that freelancer's work and forget about him.

Refund thinking hurts clients.

What do you be hurt by trying to get refund?

paywell
Community Member

I've heard Preston say that on a couple of occasions.

My interpretation is, that you're better off investing time into screening new freelancers and hiring somebody new to get the job done. 

Maybe Preston has some insights into the refund process and how much time and effort it takes, and he knows - it's not worth it.

But if you do decide to file a dispute and get your money back - here's some reading on that topic:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/sections/360002713853-Disputes 

You can also search the forum to try and find cases, to see how long it takes to settle disputes and what the chances are to "win".

That way, at least you'll know how to make a decision on whether this endeavor is worth your time.

re: "What do you be hurt by trying to get refund?"

You hurt yourself.

When clients think about refunds, they end up losing money and time.

Effective clients proactively plan to never ask for a refund.

When you plan to NOT ask a freelancer for a refund, then you don't just send thousands of dollars to a freelancer without a care.

If you send ANY MONEY to the freelancer, then you are checking their work to make sure that they are providing something of value to you.

bobafett999
Community Member

How much did you pay?

bobafett999
Community Member

That is very good amount to pay for your assignment.  Why did you approve the money before checking the work?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths