🐈
» Forums » Clients » Pay for fixed price project
Page options
mohammad-moin45
Community Member

Pay for fixed price project

I want to pay and approve milestone for the project "Lead Generation" I deposited in upwork escrow $1000 for this project. My card is not verified for techniquel issues. But, $1000 I want to pay from my upwork escrow that I already deposited.Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad Moin, 

I checked your account and can see that both your billing methods are currently in the process of verification. When you add a credit card to your account, you may need to verify your card via 2 small charges, which can take up to five days for the two charges to show up on your credit card account. Once you see the charges on your credit card statement, please go to your Billing Methods page (Settings > Billing Methods) to verify your credit cards. 

Once your cards have been verified, you should be able to pay for the milestone you have in your contract. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
michael_skaggs
Community Member

If the funds are in escrow, then you should be able to follow this: 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068218-Pay-for-Fixed-Price-Contracts?flash_digest=95...

However, without having a verified payment method, the milestone might not actually be funded.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad Moin, 

I checked your account and can see that both your billing methods are currently in the process of verification. When you add a credit card to your account, you may need to verify your card via 2 small charges, which can take up to five days for the two charges to show up on your credit card account. Once you see the charges on your credit card statement, please go to your Billing Methods page (Settings > Billing Methods) to verify your credit cards. 

Once your cards have been verified, you should be able to pay for the milestone you have in your contract. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Please, see the file. 

Hi George, 

The 2 small charges that I mentioned in my earlier reply total to $10. 

These charges will bill to your card and appear in your Reports tab in your Transaction History. Here's what happens to that credit:

• The $10 verification charge will remain as pending while the card is being verified
  • It will be refunded to the credit card as soon as it is verified or after the 7th day after the card is added if verification is not completed

You may read more about the verification process here.

~ Avery
Upwork
mohammad-moin45
Community Member

I am an upwork client. I have escrow USD, but I cannot pay to freelancer. I deposited $1000 for the project **edited for Community Guidelines** My card is not verified althrough I deposited $1000 for paying through upwork. But, when I want to approve milstone there is an error.
Can I pay without verified card?

Can I pay without verified card?

No, you CAN NOT! Please verify the credit card, then you can pay.

reinierb
Community Member

How does this card verification thing work exactly? If the card was not verified, how did Upwork manage to charge it for the $1000 that is now no longer in the OP's bank account, but held in escrow by Upwork? Or am I just being dense?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths