🐈
» Forums » Clients » Payment method
Page options
8534eda5
Community Member

Payment method

Hi;

I have been trying to add Paypal as my payment method to my account as a client, but i keep getting a message that my paypal account is not verified.  This is not true.  My paypal account is verified.  I have gone through the process of paypal charging my credit card and then entering the code on the confirm field.

I have been trying and searching for the past few days and am very frustrated.  I can't even get hold off an agent to discuss this.  What am I supposed to do?

Thanks 

13 REPLIES 13
PradeepH

Hi Anahid,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while adding a billing method. Could you please contact Paypal support to verify the status of your account and try again? Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
8534eda5
Community Member

Hi; Thanks for your responce.  I read through a few help article and it says that if there is no link for confirm your credit card on Paypal, it means it is verified and confirmed and there is nothing else to be done.

Is there a time lag? I verfied the CC 2 days ago.

Thanks

8534eda5
Community Member

Hi;

So I check the paypal account and they say everything is fine.  And then I try to use my paypal accout as methind of payment and it says I need to confirm.  It feels like noone knows what is going on.  What am I supposed to do? close my account and use other site?  I am very frustrated and confused with no one to really help.

It is very frustrating that I can't even esclate the issue and speak to someone.

Hi Anahid,

I'm sorry you're still having trouble adding your PayPal account. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8534eda5
Community Member

I appreciate it.  As I can't even send a message to potential talent for my projects.

Hi there; Any updates?

Hi Anahid,

I can see that one of our agents already contacted you on Thursday via this support ticket. Kindly refer to it for more information and don't hesitate to follow up with them directly if you have questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8534eda5
Community Member

Very odd.  I can't access the support ticket.  The page just churns and never loads when I click on "Support ticket".

Hi Anahid,

I am sorry to hear about the issue while accessing the support ticket. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. You can also view and respond to the support ticket from the notification sent to the registered email address.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Amazing.  

I checked the recommended steps.  I could not find a single instruction in my PP account for my credit card.  To be sure, I asked someone else to look for the steps and he couldn't find them either.

It is truly amazing that this issue is going on since 2-3 weeks and no one can resolve it.  I am just getting a run-arround.

I don't understand why we can't have a simple phone conversation to resolve my issues.

Anahid, I'm sorry you're still having this issue. Have you tried checking the ticket via the email you have registered? You should be able to access it from there.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6b587e71
Community Member

As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, PayPal is a widely used online payment platform that allows users to make payments and money transfers over the internet. As a client, there are a few steps you typically need to follow to make a payment using your PayPal account:

1. Create a PayPal Account: If you don't have a PayPal account, you need to sign up for one on the PayPal website. You'll need to provide your email address, create a password, and link a bank account or credit/debit card to your PayPal account.

2. Link Payment Method: After creating your account, you'll need to link a payment method such as a bank account, credit card, or debit card. This allows you to fund your PayPal account for making payments.

3. Verify Your Payment Method: PayPal may require you to verify your linked payment method to ensure it's legitimate and that you have access to it. This might involve confirming small transaction amounts or providing additional information.

4. Making a Payment: To make a payment using your PayPal account, you can select the PayPal option during checkout on websites that accept PayPal. You'll be redirected to the PayPal login page where you'll log in with your credentials.

5. Choose Funding Source: Once logged in, you can choose your funding source. This could be your linked bank account, credit card, or balance in your PayPal account if you've added funds previously.

6. Confirm Payment: After selecting the funding source and confirming the payment details, you'll need to confirm the payment. PayPal will then process the payment and provide you with a transaction confirmation.

Please note that the exact steps and interface might vary based on any updates or changes that PayPal has made after September 2021. Additionally, PayPal's services may differ based on your location and the policies in effect at the time of your transaction.

Always ensure you are using a secure and official PayPal website to avoid potential scams or phishing attempts. For the most up-to-date and accurate instructions, I recommend visiting the official PayPal website or contacting their customer support directly.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths