🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Preload account with funds?
Page options
0ca0c412
Community Member

Preload account with funds?

I'm wondering if there is a way to pre-load our account with funds to pay freelancers? I work for a company that has a certain CapEx budget in a given fiscal year. Once the EOY comes, we either use the budget or lose it. I think it'd be really helpful to be able to pre-load account with funds into an 'upwork wallet' so we can pay freelancers as we go, is there something like this available? 

6 REPLIES 6
joywriter
Community Member

Hi Matthew!

They unfortunately do not have that option. It is indeed a great idea and I too have suggested that in the past while speaking with their customer support.

The best thing you can do at this time is fund a PayPal account with those funds and switch between billing accounts (credit cards or paypal accounts) when you send payments.  You can also allocate the funds to  a different bank account(if possible) and add that debit card to your client account. That way the funds are stored and you can use them to pay for projects (through debit or credit).

Anyways,  I also hope that such can become an option in the near future!

Take care!

Hugo

Thanks Hugo

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the suggestion, Matthew. 

I'll make sure to share this to the team for their consideration. In the meantime, I'll also check to see if there is a workaround other than what Hugo has suggested. 

ETA: Hi Matthew, I'm coming back here to note that there is no available workaround. I apologise for the inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork

This is actually a really good idea.

If I had a website that allowed users to pay for goods or services, and I had people who wanted to PRE-PAY me without actually buying anything yet... I would want to make that happen.

Preston... Tell me about it. haha

Ok, thanks Avery. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths