🐈
» Forums » Clients » Refund not received from upwork
Page options
dbb68895
Community Member

Refund not received from upwork

Hello,

I am a clien and my freelancer bailed on me by taking the first milestone and ended the contract without notice and blocked me. my 2nd milestone amount was in escrow. I checked the transaction history and upwork had refunded the escrow amount directly to my Visa stating "Refund to Visa **** for credit ref 497045405".

The issue is that the amount has not been received in my Bank account even while upwork is saying it has. please look into this as i have to pay another freelancer for the same job. 

the invoce has been attached below.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

9 REPLIES 9
ArjayM

Hi Fazle,

I checked the refund you're referring to and it looks like it was successfully processed on our end. You can validate this by going to your Transaction History page. Could you please check with your bank or payment method provider about this transaction? Please note that the refund would be sent to the same payment method that was used to fund the original milestone. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
dbb68895
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

I have checked with the bank and trhey are saying no such payment has been received can you look into this as i have already been scammed by a fellow freelancer on upwork and now the same contracts escrow refund is not being received either? very dissasified by the management. Please look into this as I have to pay antoer freelancer on upwork for the same job in two days.

Hi Fazle,

I certainly understand why you're upset and allow me to assist. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket with further assistance. You can access your ticket on this page for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
dbb68895
Community Member

Hello Arjay, 

It has been much more than 5 business days by now and the bank is saying they have no trace whatsoever of the transaction that has been claimed to be done by upwork. 
Neither have I received the funds that have been transferred to me by upwork and neither the freelancer has refunded me the amount he scammed me. Very very disappointed and dissatisfied from upwork. 
please look into this matter. 

thanking you,

Fazle Hamza

Hi Fazle,

I certainly understand why you're upset. I can see that the team handling your case assured you that the refunds have been credited back to your bank according to our record. Don't hesitate to communicate with the team through this support ticket so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
dbb68895
Community Member

hey Arjay,

the support agent from the ticket marked the issue as solved whereas it had not been solved. I am not able to reply to it anymore. please look into it.

thankyou

Hi Fazle,

Thank you for reaching out to us. A corresponding email is sent to you every time an agent updates your support ticket. You can check your email and reply to it and it should reopen the support ticket and direct it to the agent again. Please let us know if you encounter any problems.

~ AJ
Upwork
sontu01
Community Member

I also made one direct contract on July 15 for 200$ through my **Edited for Community Guidelines**

But due to the freelancer being unable to do tasks that's why I ended that contract. I still now not got the refund. 15days over. My card ended with 0167.

Hi Samir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths