🐈
» Forums » Clients » Release partial payment - advance
Page options
173299b4
Community Member

Release partial payment - advance

Hello, i created a flat price project for $500, then after artist accepted i added 5milestones for $100 each, which on my dashboard no displayed $1000 project, all i want is to close a milestone and issue the $100 payment untill all are complete and $500 is paid out. at the screen i see, the only option is to pay the full $500. how can i do that? do i need to cancel and recreate the whole thing?

file 1 - shows project and milestones

file2 - shows option to pay but full $ only

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ric,

When you are ready to release the milestone payment, you will be presented with the option of editing the payment amount of the milestone. You can read more here about this. If you release less than it has been funded for this first milestone, the remaining funds in escrow can be used to fund the next milestone.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
173299b4
Community Member

Hello Bojan, 

Sorry, there is 'no review and pay', there is only a 'pay now' option. the screen shots you show are not what i see.

Hi Ric,

If you click the "Pay" button, you will be directed to a page where you can still edit the amount to be released. Please follow the option and update the funds you'd like to release accordingly. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
173299b4
Community Member

Thank you i think it worked although the reason codes are confusing. Thanks again.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths