🐈
» Forums » Clients » Remind Freelancers of Pending Invites?
Page options
3b62585c
Community Member

Remind Freelancers of Pending Invites?

Is there a way to remind Freelancers that they have a pending job invite?  I have 9 Unanswered invites to my job.  It would be best, of course, if they declined the invite if they are not interested.  If I update the job posting with additional information, does it alert the Freelancer?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

@Ellen L wrote:

Is there a way to remind Freelancers that they have a pending job invite?  I have 9 Unanswered invites to my job.  It would be best, of course, if they declined the invite if they are not interested.  If I update the job posting with additional information, does it alert the Freelancer?

There is really no way to "remind" freelancers of a pending invite. If a significant percentage of the freelancers you invited haven't responded, chances are your budget is on the low side or your job post does not contain enough details, and / or they are just not interested. Is your payment method verified?

How many freelancers did you invite? Some freelancers dismiss invites which were sent to a large number of people, especially if the budget is low(ish) and / or the job description not descriptive enough.

Of course, in an ideal world freelancers would decline if they are not interested, but not all do.

Changing the job post won't alert invited freelancers, no.

In addition "Qualified" un-invited freelancers wouldn't apply for the job.  Once they see that you have invited dozens - they would not waste their "connects".

tamashita
Community Member

There is no way to remind freelancers that they have been invited to interview the job unfortunately. 

Upwork has not yet solved the issues with any and all emails, invites, etc. not being received by a sizable portion of their users. 

Do you seriously expect them to send you reminders to do your job?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths