🐈
» Forums » Clients » Requesting for refund for poor work
Page options
cmt89
Community Member

Requesting for refund for poor work

Please help, how can I get a refund of a hefty fee that I paid to a freelancer?  In the beginning, he promised quality work to be delivered within the required time frame. 

By the time I received the finished product, there were so many loopholes that I had to rework the entire thing. In short, his work was basically useless. Unfortunately, the money has already been released to him. I asked for a refund, but as expected, he is saying that I did not discuss things with him.

However, he was unable to answer things that I asked him and would reply late. By the time he offered to discuss the numerous issues raised, it was 2 days later. By then, I had to submit the paper, no thanks to him.

I’ve requested a partial refund, leaving him actually a generous portion which i think is undeserved.

It’s just very disappointing; I feel scammed.

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Cedes,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

I understand your disappointment. But you are essentially doing the opposite of "best practices."

If you really want to save money as a client, then the best thing to do is to proactively decide to never ask for a refund, ever, under any circumstances.

Because trying to get money from a freelancer is a huge gamble. And it usually does not work.

It is far safer and more certain to NOT ask freelancers for money, but do this instead: Monitor a freelancer's work, especially early on. If you do not love the freelancer's work, then end the contract. This way you don't pay an undeserving, underperforming money any more money. And you don't need to waste your time trying to get money back.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths