🐈
» Forums » Clients » Scam?
Page options
2588c124
Community Member

Scam?

I'm about to hire an iOS freelancer, and they just asked me to hire them through a different account. They also don't have a contract to provide before we start work. Major red flags? Their current account is verrified (only have reviews since January 2021) but I'm worried the person I'm speaking to could have hacked this account. Help!

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

It is nearly impossible to imagine a way in which hiring this person will turn out okay for you.

Yes, these are major red flags. You are talking about a freelancer who is violating serious Upwork TOS rules.

There are so many honest freelancers on the platform who can help you with what you need. I recommend that you go to the Three Dots icon on the freelancer profile page, click on it, use the "Flag as inappropriate" option to report this freelancer.

Block the freelancer in the Upwork Mesaages tool.

Aside from all that, you should NOT be hiring only one person for a project of this size and complexity. If you hire only one person, you will not be able to compare work. Hire at least two, and after you see which freelancer(s) on your team do the best work and cost the least to work with, assign work to the freelancers who provide you with the best value.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kristen,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and email as soon as possible where you can share more details with us. Our team will review the freelancer further for any violation of our TOS and proper actions will be taken. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths