🐈
» Forums » Clients » How do I message an applicant that was invite...
Page options
35e8e19d
Community Member

How do I message an applicant that was invited to a job?

I created my first job on Upwork the yesterday and invited a couple of people that fit what I was looking for.  Now that I have a response, I cannot message the applicant to discuss more - only hire or decline.  Is there some way to contact this person - would hate to miss out on talking with them.

Thanks,

Todd

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Todd,

I just checked your account but was not able to locate any job posts under both client profiles. Are you referring to another account? When you're reviewing the proposals you have received you should also have a message button as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran -

The job was posted by another team member at my organization.  I can message people that have responded to the job with their own proposal, but I cannot message the person whom I invited (they show on the "Invite Freelancers" Tab v. the "Review Proposals" tab.

Thanks,

Todd

Thank you for the clarification, Todd. 

This is by design. At the moment, your invitation for an interview is pending on the freelancer side. Once they have accepted your invitation a message room will be created automatically and you will be able to communicate with them.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths