🐈
» Forums » Clients » Scammed by freelancer
Page options
e48cf977
Community Member

Scammed by freelancer

Hi I have been working with a freelancer who was to deliver work in 2 weeks. He billed me and took the money but after over 2 months had delivered nothing but some screenshots and a single page clearly taken from another site (it still had the logo from the other site) - But since I am so far after the last billing date (Feb 15th) is there any way of reovering the fuinds? I have been in contact with him over this time but I think he was stringing me  along just to make it too late for me to dispute.

Is there any method to dispute or do I need to try to find another method?

4 REPLIES 4
d9b70cd1
Community Member

Yes, you can still raise a dispute on the billing hours.

da233f6f
Community Member

1. Contact Freelancer Platform: Reach out to the platform where you hired the freelancer and report the issue for possible resolution.

2.Dispute Payment: If you paid via PayPal or credit card, dispute the transaction with your payment provider, providing evidence of non-delivery.

3.Consider Legal Action: If necessary, explore legal options such as sending a demand letter or pursuing small claims court.

4.Leave Review: Leave an honest review to warn others about the freelancer's behavior.

e_nopanen
Community Member

I am sorry about this Mohamed. Please feel free to reach out if you need a reliable developer to assist you with your project!

Hello there, How to boost sale with project catalog? send your feedback.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths