🐈
» Forums » Clients » Charged Twice?
Page options
3937170a
Community Member

Charged Twice?

Hi, I am very new to Upwork and I actually really like the layout, however, I have a few concerns. 

I am a little concerned as it appears as if I have been charged twice. 

I was charged 85.80 USD first and then I was charged 80.85 USD, I know that one of those payments went to the freelancer as I allowed the payment to do so, but I am confused as to why I was charged the second payment. 

I really do not want to have to contact my bank and report fraud but I will if I have to.

Some people have told me about escrow and that is the reason that I was charged twice but I am still unsure in how all of this works, does that mean that the money will return to my account after the collaboration is over? 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi There,

I looked closely at the contract you're referring to and confirmed that you've funded and released the payment for the first milestone (1st charge), then funded the second milestone with the same amount. Both transactions were processed today (10- April).

Simply put, the two charges on your account are for the two milestones you've funded. You may validate this by going to the Contract Details or your Transaction History page. 

You can also visit this help article to learn more about the process of paying for fixed-price contracts and milestones. I hope this clarifies. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths