🐈
» Forums » Clients » Timely Freelancer Payment
Page options
7df5e949
Community Member

Timely Freelancer Payment

I am new to Upwork and would like to pay a freelancer the portion of the contract that is due.  I set up the milestones and reviewed the work, but see no way to make payment for the work completed.  I also asked the freelancer to make a payment request from their dashboard, but they indicated that I need to work through customer support.  I actually need to speak with someone to address the issue properly.  Upwork only directs me to voicemail and "The Community."  I am very frustrated, because this is not good use of my time.  If there is anyone out there reading this post--PLEAE HELP!   Thanks,  Phyllis

8 REPLIES 8
9e021ad7
Community Member

Hi, maybe you can share a screenshot for us to see better. Don't forget to censor any private information.

spectralua
Community Member

Job is completed? Use "close contract" option. You will be asked to release prefunded money. Accept it.

Thank you for your reply. Only a portion of the project is complete. I have additional milestones that must be met before the contract is complete. I want to pay milestone #2 and 3--screenshot attached.

7df5e949
Community Member

Thank you for your reply.  Only a portion of the project is complete.  I have additional milestones that must be met before the contract is complete. I want to pay milestone #2 and 3--screenshot attached. 

Use Review work, accept. Prefund milestone 3, activate. Then same.

When I click on review work, I get a blank response--That is the problem--see attachment.  

Site issue. All required must be there, you are in correct place. Someone from Upwork team will help you with that.

Review work and then pay.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths