🐈
» Forums » Clients » Timesheet Approval Process
Page options
3ab184ba
Community Member

Timesheet Approval Process

Hello,

Do I have Timesheet Approval process for the Projects/Jobs. Do we get any approval/review request for time that freelancer booked before payment is processed.

I see some of the google search screenshots also attaching to the Timesheets.

This is totally not acceptable standards

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Do I have Timesheet Approval process for the Projects/Jobs?"

No.

There is no "approval" step for timesheets/work diaries.

re: "Do we get any approval/review request for time that freelancer booked before payment is processed?"

No.

There IS, however, an opportunity to dispute time segments. The week ends at midnight GMT on Sunday. Clients then have five days during which they may select time segments and dispute them.

Upwork will automatically remove time segments that don't meet the criteria for Upwork Payment Protection from the time that clients need to pay for.

The rules are straightforward. It is not a trial or discussion.

Time segments must NOT be manually logged.

Must have adequate written memos accompanying them.

Must have adequate mouse/keyboard activity.

Must have screenshot showing freelancer working on client's project (not playing video games or chatting in Facebook, etc.)

re: "I see some of the google search screenshots also attaching to the Timesheets. This is totally not acceptable standards"

Some jobs may indeed involve Google search. If this is not acceptable to you, then simply tell the freelancers you hire that it is unacceptable and that you will fire them if you see Google search screenshots in their work diaries.

Upwork does not currently have a rule that prohibits freelancers from using Google search while working on an hourly contract. If you would like Upwork to implement a rule like that, then you to actively advocate such a rule here in the Forum.

I do not have any concern on the google search. even though, I did not received any deliverables for the Job, Payment is processed. so How do we handle this situation.

petra_r
Community Member

Salesforce H wrote:

I do not have any concern on the google search. even though, I did not received any deliverables for the Job, Payment is processed. so How do we handle this situation.

You sort it out with the freelancer.

When you hire someone on an hourly contract, you pay for the time spent working, not any specific deliverable. If the freelancer tracker their time with meaningful work memos and reasonable activity levels and the screenshots show then working on your project, you can't win a dispute.

3ab184ba
Community Member

He would have spent time on trying to solve/develop project, but that should not be assumed as he delivered the project/Job. Just spending meaningful time would enough for the payment without deliverables? 

re: "Just spending meaningful time would enough for the payment without deliverables?"

Yes.

Deliverables are a component of fixed-price contracts.

They are not a component of hourly contracts.

Specified deliverables play no part in how Upwork's automated software generates automated payments to freelancers and bills client credit cards. Specific deliverables are not a part of Upwork hourly contract policy or employee training.

As a client, you may use the available client-side user interface to monitor a freelancer's work. You may decide on the maximum hours per week. You may pause a contract at any time. You may close a contract at any time.

If you require a freelancer to produce specific deliverables and she does not, then you may close the contract (fire her). You may also choose to leave appropriate truthful feedback, which may point out her deficiencies. You may also choose to never hire her again. Alternatively, you may choose to provide her with additional training, while continuing to have her work for you under contract. You could also choose to do nothing, and continue paying her while she fails to produce the deliverables you require. You have many options.

You have all of the tools necessary. You do not need help from Upwork Customer Support in order to manage your project. If you have further questions about how Upwork works or how you can use the available tools effectively to accomplish your goals, please feel to ask your questions right here in this thread.

When do payments come through for hourly jobs? Is there anything I have to do beyond logging my time to get paid? Thanks.

Hi Susan,

If you were hired for an hourly contract, payments for the time you track are processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. You can share your deliverables with the client via Upwork Messages or make any other arrangements that work best for you and your client. You can check this help article for more information. 
~ Joanne
Upwork
PradeepH

Hello User,

Thank you for your message. 

You can dispute Freelancer's hours if you feel that you have been billed for more time than they worked on your project. The billing period on Hourly contracts is from Monday to Sunday midnight UTC time. Your Freelancers must submit hours for last week before the end of Sunday midnight UTC time. You will have time from Monday until Friday midnight UTC time to review those hours billed hours for last week and file a dispute if needed. Check how to Dispute Freelancers hours Help page for more information. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths