🐈
» Forums » Clients » Tracked timesheet?
Page options
ed7ee8e1
Community Member

Tracked timesheet?

We asked a new frelancer to connect tracked timesheet while working for us, but she rejected to do it because as she said: "I may be working from different places and different computers. Not on each of them you may install additional programs". Is this a properly objective answer? Are there any specific technical limitations as she mentioned when connecting tracked timesheet? Does 'tracked timesheet' affect as an additional program?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is this a properly objective answer?"

She is telling the truth.

There are computers she could be using which won't allow her to install the Desktop time-tracker. Maybe she is using a computer at her day job place of work. Maybe she is working from an Internet cafe or public library.

Potentially she could be not telling you the truth about her own situation. Maybe she doesn't like using the time-tracker because the way she works and logs time is dishonest. I don't know.

It is up to YOU to decide if you want to work with her or not.

Let's say you hired four freelancers to do similar work. If this particular freelancer who does not use the time-tracker outperforms the others, and provides quality work for a good value in terms of money, then you will continue to pay her, and she will continue to save you money. If her work is of lower quality or more expensive than the other freelancers on your team, then you will end her contract.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
spectralua
Community Member

Force to use time tracking is your right. Yes, you can agree works without timer but you not must. So feel free to fire lying freelancer then hire someone else.

I think this freelancer working for other task at this time so don't want screenshots done. Possible there will be something not related to your work.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

No, there's no technical reason why someone can't use the time tracker on different computers, which your freelancer knows perfectly well - I wouldn't trust a freelancer who told me a lie like that. (I use two different computers and have the time tracker installed on both.) If you still want to work with this person, you should disable manual time and be sure to review the work diary screenshots.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is this a properly objective answer?"

She is telling the truth.

There are computers she could be using which won't allow her to install the Desktop time-tracker. Maybe she is using a computer at her day job place of work. Maybe she is working from an Internet cafe or public library.

Potentially she could be not telling you the truth about her own situation. Maybe she doesn't like using the time-tracker because the way she works and logs time is dishonest. I don't know.

It is up to YOU to decide if you want to work with her or not.

Let's say you hired four freelancers to do similar work. If this particular freelancer who does not use the time-tracker outperforms the others, and provides quality work for a good value in terms of money, then you will continue to pay her, and she will continue to save you money. If her work is of lower quality or more expensive than the other freelancers on your team, then you will end her contract.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths