🐈
» Forums » Clients » Unprofessional
Page options
5ac47817
Community Member

Unprofessional

Got ignored after setting up first call appt. Set it up but didn’t hear from talent at designated time

5 REPLIES 5
5ac47817
Community Member

Call setup with talent and never heard from talent on scheduled first call

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jodi.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to look into this concern and advise you accordingly. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Jodi,

There are millions of freelancers working on the Upwork platform. Most of them are professional and talented and conscientious.

It sounds to me like you scheduled an appointment with a freelancer who is unprofessional. We know this because he did not show up at the appointed time.

Would you like an Upwork employee to help you get in contact with that freelancer? Or are you interested in interviewing other candidates with the goal being to find somebody who is more professional and actually shows up for meetings?

Jodi S wrote:

Call setup with talent and never heard from talent on scheduled first call

What do you do in the real world when someone doesn't show up to an appointment? Move on to the next person on your list. 

While it is unprofessional to give no notice, freelancers aren't obligated to meet with you. There is nothing for support to do for you. They cannot force the freelancer to meet with you, nor should they. 

Your best move is to move onto one of the other freelancers who responded to your job post. 

What Amanda said and... A couple of years ago I exchanged msgs with a prospective client to schedule a call, then she was a no-show and ghosted me. I had other projects going and so was logged in to the Message center at least 2x daily for nearly two weeks. Crickets. Then one day, a message suddenly became visible (that had not been visible before) time-stamped two weeks earlier, changing our appointment. By then, of course, I had missed the date. I messaged her immediately but it turned out she thought I stood her up, and moved on. The same thing happened some months later with a different client. Since I couldn't provide any kind of screenshot of the problem or replicate it, UW had a real challenge to troubleshoot it. I don't know whether it ever got resolved. 

All this is to say, the FL might have blown off the appointment but maybe not. (Also, while things have calmed down a great deal, we are still in the midst of a global pandemic.)

Latest Articles
Learning Paths