🐈
» Forums » Clients » What happened to fixed-price job quotes?
Page options
627dbec6
Community Member

What happened to fixed-price job quotes?

It's been a while since I did a new job post, so maybe I missed something. But I went in to post a job today, and my only option is hourly work.

I don't want to hire by the hour, I have a specific job and want to pay a fixed price. Is there a new way to do that, or is that just gone?

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ty:
I regularly post jobs and hire freelancers on Upwork, including during the past few days.

Fixed-price is always an option.

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 12.54.51 PM.png

But sometimes Upwork changes the user interface.

I believe that you were confused by the latest changes to the way that clients specify hourly versus fixed-price contracts.

The screenshot below shows the right "button" to click in order to set up a fixed-price contract, as of 30 seconds ago:

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 12.57.47 PM.png

Well, I'd show you what I see, but every time I try to upload anything to this system, I get this error:

The file type (.jpg) is not supported. Valid file types are: .jpg, .gif, .pdf, .pptx, .wmv, .png.

When I click on "Post a Job" all I see is:

-Short term or part time work.

-Designated, longer term work.

Those are the only two options.

re: "When I click on "Post a Job" all I see is:

-Short term or part time work.

-Designated, longer term work.

Those are the only two options."

Yes.

That is also what I see.

I did not post screenshots of every step that you must go through in order to get to the "hourly" / "fixed-price" option.

Just keep going, and you will get to the screen that asks about hourly/fixed-price.

Upwork changed the job-posting interface extensively. But the option is still there.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths