🐈
» Forums » Clients » Unresponsive Client
Page options
855e9bc2
Community Member

Unresponsive Client

Hello, 

I am a newbie here in upwork and I just wanted to clrify things. Here's the situation; I recieved a job offer from a client and accept it last October 8, 2022 but up until now haven't started the job and the client is not responsive. What am I going to do since I have waited for her but doesnt even reply. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
sajal36
Community Member

Hi, As you have accepted the offer, the contract is  active and valid. Please ensure you do not end the contract from your side as you will have impact as client will be refunded the money in escrow. Also if you end the contract without completing the job, client may give -ve feedback and it may impact your JSS.

If you have clocked any hours on the jobs, (include all interaction with client hours ) than you can fill your timesheet for those hours and submit for client approval.

If client has given you the requirement, than you can start on the same & submit the work. Please fill the timesheet accordingly. Also send reminder message to client to know next steps on the job,

Community Member

Rachel, I haven't experienced this myself, but as you browse the Freelancer forum you will find many experienced freelancers have had clients disappear for a time and then return, sometimes even months later. Upwork has an automated "dormancy" control on Fixed-Price contracts, so do not worry.

What you could do is send a check-in message once a week. Aside from that, go after more jobs. You aren't restricted to the number of jobs that you can work on simultaneously. I recently saw a freelancer profile that had 30 active jobs!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths