🐈
» Forums » Clients » VISA Global Pass debit card denied
Page options
faf78c45
Community Member

VISA Global Pass debit card denied

Hi there,

I wanted to register a VISA Global Pass debit card as payment method, however, it was refused.

Talking to the issuing bank I got the information, that the registration was refused by VISA because the security standards of your payment processor are too low for VISA.

Why does your payment processing company not have sufficient security standards? And how can this problem be solved?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ralf,

Unfortunately, some cards can't be accepted as a billing method including gift cards or pre-paid credit cards. I checked and it seems that you already added an alternative billing method. Feel free to check out this help article for more information on billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Alexandar,

Thank you, but your standard answer is not really helpful. 

1. It is a regular debit card, not a gift card or prepaid.

2. The transaction is refused by VISA because the security standards of your payment processor are NOT suffcient enough

3. The fact that I have another card registered does NOT solve the problem!

Maybe you or someone else can think of a better solution?

Thanks,

Ralf

Can you get me in contact with second level support please?

Hi Ralf,

I checked your account, and I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket, providing further assistance. Thanks. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
faf78c45
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your reply. And yes, somehow I found the possibility to send an email to the customer support.

So, I hope to get some assistance from there.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Ralf

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths