🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: We agreed to cancel contract and for me t...
Page options
wilmath
Community Member

We agreed to cancel contract and for me to pay half

I started a contract with a freelancer to format an epub book. The work was poor and incomplete and the deadline was missed. I told her I cannot continue but I would give her half of what I originally agreed to. She agreed to this. 

It was a fixed price deal and the original price is in escrow. How do I pay her the half without losing all of the money in escrow.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rick,

When you are ready to release the milestone payment, you will be presented with the option of editing the payment amount of the milestone. You can read more here about this. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
wilmath
Community Member

Thanks for the help. 

Also, I don't want to leave feedback. Her work wasn't good enough for me to leave positive feedback but due to circumstances I don't want to leave negative feedback either. 

However, I was not able to pay her without leaving feedback.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rick,

When funds are exchanged on a contract both sides are able to provide public feedback as well. We always encourage freelancers and clients to leave truthful feedback on their contracts as this will only help other users on our marketplace. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths