🐈
» Forums » Clients » We are unable to authorize your card. Please ...
Page options
485619a4
Community Member

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank

I tried to attach to my mastercard in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue

384 REPLIES 384

Hi Maaz, 

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges. In the mean time you can also try to add another billing method. To learn more about our accepted billing methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have checked with my bank. They said everything is ok from our side. I have used the same bank for e-commerce shopping from different websites like lazada, shopee, etc. 

Hi Maaz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Well I am again in this community talk. And you know guys I have checked all things that team upwork recommended even ihave lot of discussions and physical appearance in bank,even I do what all moderators ask to do like clear cookies,change browser etc but nothing.
First of all upwork is not making account for new comers and if they use there skils and came online then you are stuck with your account related issues. You cannot do your work untill upwork not allowed 🙂 I am still waiting for my turn to buy many more connects.

Dear Maaz,
I am still suffering after a month. Bank says this is upwork side issue s they already deal lot of complaints on same issu. But on the other side upwork team said contact bank ad some of our person will contact you via ticket.
Kindy anyone reply and tell the way forward and have solution after up work will contact you.
Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I understand your frustration with this. For more information about this please refer to your ticket that you can access on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

there is nothing in that ticket dear. just information that i ask my bank and i already asked about whta your ticket said and the response is same like yours 🙂

Hi, Goran

I was going to verify billing method using my master card.

But there is erro message like this "There is a problem with your card. Please, verify issue with your bank
something like that".
But currently my card is working and it was connected to my paypal.

How can I solve this problem?

Please check it and help me.

Regard

Hyrum,

Please contact your bank to confirm the issue. Once they confirm, you may retry adding credit card on file. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I experienced the same problem

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Super,

It looks like you were able to successfully add your billing method and verify it. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

iam unable to add billing method on upwork.

same problem please help

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it looks like the charges to your credit card are being declined. Please contact your bank directly for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

Sir ,

I am facing the same issue. Please resolve it.

Thanks

Majid 

Hi Majid,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork

me too tried to atach my card but a message pop up we are un able to authorize your card 

Hi Mak,

It looks like the charge on your credit card is being declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork

thank's andrea

Hello
i also have the same problem when i try to add my new Mastercard

Hi YASSER,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Not sove this probleam

Hi Husain,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’. Additionally, feel free to check this help article for more information on available billing methods. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello  I try to link my visa card for billing method to buy connects but I always got this messasge ie We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. also I contact to my bank they said check the website  

Hi Amrit,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Same issue. please help me out. infact my bank says "POS Txn upwork cardvalidate Dublin IE, Rs 1.00 debited.

Hi Usama, 

Please check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or try to add another Billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Everything is all set from the bank side. Its allowed for ecommerce as well
as international use.

Hi Usama,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks.

I am having the same problem... please help me out

Hi Nirankush,

I have checked your account and see that the transaction was declined by PayPal. Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet?

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same problem as well.. As I was trying to add my mastercard it shows the same error.. Please help.

Hi Sanket,

We shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

"Your card is restricted by your card issuer and cannot be used at Upwork. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." Can you please help me? I believe my bank allows other users to use their cards in upwork.

Hello Dustine,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

"Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again."

Do I really need to contact the bank? Is there someone who can help me here first?

Hey man, I'm facing the same problems.

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue about adding my American express card to buy connects but it says "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." What should I do? Hoping for your response.

Hi Angelica,

I would recommend to check with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or to try and add another billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths