🐈
» Forums » Clients » Why isn't my web developer job post getting m...
Page options
1c6f5178
Community Member

Why isn't my web developer job post getting much attention?

The skills I'm requesting are JavaScript, CSS 3, and HTML 5. The price is $87. I only got one proposal, but it is most likely a scam. 

Here is the description:

I'm looking for an experienced  frontend developer with great skills in in vanilla JavaScript.

You will be contributing code to this repository by making a pull request:
https://github.com/M-Valentino/sacredOS

The code you make will be edits to the gui.js or if needed the gui.css file. These can be found in /public/system.

What I need:
- Program windows by default must have the ability to be resized by clicking and dragging the edges of the window with a mouse or trackpad.
- If a program has the "noRS" flag at the top, the window for that program cannot be resized.
- Windows must be resizeable from the top edge.
- Windows must be resizeable from the bottom edge.
- Windows must be resizeable from the left edge.
- Windows must be resizeable from the right edge.
- Windows must be resizeable from the  bottom right corner.
- Windows must be resizeable from the bottom left corner.
- Windows must be resizeable from the  top right corner.
- Windows must be resizeable from the top left corner.
- Only the topmost window can be resized (this is the window with the largest shadow).
- The  shape of the resize area on the corners is a square with it's sides being equal to the thickness of the window border.
the shape of the resize area on the edges is a rectangle with it's height equal to the thickness of the window border and it's width equal to the length of the edge minus the corner's resize area.
- When the user's cursor hovers over the edges that can be resized the cursor should change to the appropriate cursor. These cursors are: ew-resize, ns-resize, nwse-resize, and nesw-resize.
- Currently, there is a bug where windows are slightly too large in height. You can see an example of this in the mBO.html program. This must be fixed.
- When windows are resized, the iframes inside the window must fill the width of the new window dimensions.
- The code changes you make must not introduce any bugs or change the behavior of other features.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bobafett999
Community Member

Raise your price by a factor of 10 and someone may bite.  You are asking a lot for a measly $87.

Did you multiply your amount with the exchange rate of Vietnam?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bobafett999
Community Member

Raise your price by a factor of 10 and someone may bite.  You are asking a lot for a measly $87.

Did you multiply your amount with the exchange rate of Vietnam?

As a freelancer, I bit on a project that was asking for more for $13 higher. No wonder I was hired so quickly...

I just set the price to what I could afford. I might end up doing work myself.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths