🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: You cannot join this team until the clien...
Page options
58f1df19
Community Member

You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client do

Hi

I get the error "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so." when trying to hire a freelancer. I already have my address on file and on file with my payment credit card.

What's happening?

How do I fix it?

Thanks,

Rob

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
david_at_monster
Community Member

For those looking for the solution off of Google:

Under Settings > My Info > Company Contacts Address is the part that the client needs to fill out.

In my case, the client had said they filled out their address, but they had filled out the tax form address.

View solution in original post

237 REPLIES 237

Hi Will,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks, Nikola.

Thanks again, Nikola.

Problem solved!

dipen_patel
Community Member

Since the last few contracts, I am getting the message while accepting the contracts 'You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so.'

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I have seen this message for the last 4 to 5 contracts. Any freelancer should not see this message because up work system should inform the client in the very first place while creating the new contract and sending it to the freelancer. Any freelancers should not be able to work until this gets resolved.

I would strongly recommend Upwork technical department enhance the feature in a way that makes the process simple and easy rather than complicated.

At present, when I see the error message in the evening I send that same to the client, and the client responds to the message by the morning. This delayed the process by at least 1-2 days due to different time zones.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Dipen, 

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I will share this with our team so we can further look into it and optimize both the client and freelancer's overall experience here on Upwork. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, 

I sent a contract to someone I want to hire and she received the same message saying she cannot accept the contract until I add an address. What address and where do I enter it? I don't see any place on the contract to do so. A swift replly would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your message. Please update your full address here and here before your freelancer can accept your offer.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, a client sent me the offer and I couldn't accept because "You cannot join this team until the client adds a complete address. Please wait until the client does so."  Could you please help fix this?  Thanks.

759e32fa
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for reaching out. There's no action needed on your end. The client has to add a complete address before you can proceed to accept the invite.

~ AJ
Upwork
8052c915
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team,

Isn't there a permanent solution to this, as we can't keep experincing and complaining about this. That will be helpful and appreciated. 

Thank you!

Client needs to update their full address in Contact info tab and in Tax info. They often complete only one address.

c13644bf
Community Member

Hi it is still not working for me. So we can't start our job

Hi Christina,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm the error message? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths