🐈
» Forums » Clients » exorbitant fees taken out of my account
Page options
48ebfa3c
Community Member

exorbitant fees taken out of my account

I have set up to hire and hired two different freelancers to tackle two projects for me.  The cost was high for what I got in service and then I was just charged 596 from my account of which only 150 was the cost of the new freelancer.  Am I missing something?

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jan,

The reason why you see an additional charge is because you have added a salary on the contract when you have sent the offer to the freelancer. Salary means that the freelancer will get paid weekly even if they don't track any time. At this moment the freelancer can issue a refund for the salary amount they have received. 

Please check this help article for more information.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to further assist you with your concern. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
48ebfa3c
Community Member

I don’t want to have it set up as salary I need it to be hourly or per project. It would be so super helpful to have a live person
To speak to in regard to my trying to acclimate to this.

Hi Jan,

I checked and it seems that one of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket with more information on your concern. Please consider following up on the ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can someone please help me close my account and refund me the 596 taken from my account? I have requested a refund for one $365 but it was set up on auto weekly draft and I didn't understand that when I set it up.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jan,

A member of the team has reached out to you already regarding your refund request and is awaiting your response. You should be able to access the ticket directly here. Once our team has your confirmation, our agent will proceed with your request.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths