cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it possible to hide a new project from a current developer who is already working on one project

fd213ee6
Sanju K Member Since: Jun 25, 2018
1 of 5

Hi there,

Is it possible to hide a project from a current developer who is already working on  one of my project. I do not want to see my new project and get him disturbed as he is tempting to work on new project also where as I know he do not have that experties with him. If i deny, he may not give me a qulaity work as he is hoping to get new project also. So i want him not see , if I post a new job on upwork. How will I do that. Pls help.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Yes.

You can create a new project as a private job posting. Then send invites only to the freelancers you want to see it. Your current freelancer won't see the job posting.

View solution in original post

2a05aa63
Community Guru
Viacheslav K Member Since: Sep 9, 2015
3 of 5

Preston, won't the freelancer see when a person is hired in client's "jobs in progress"?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

Viacheslav:

That sounds like a legitimate question.

Clients can prevent others from seeing a job posting, but can freelancers still see projects listed in a client's "jobs in progress"?

Someone else would need to answer that. As a freelancer, I have never seen a current client's "jobs in progress." But that does not mean that it does not exist.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

Viacheslav K wrote:

Preston, won't the freelancer see when a person is hired in client's "jobs in progress"?

Of course he will, but he need not know it's something he would want to do if the job has a different name.

That said, finding someone else with only 3 invites might be more of a challenge.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS