🐈
» Forums » Clients » "Associated WIth" an agency freelancers
Page options
los123
Community Member

"Associated WIth" an agency freelancers

I see many freelancers that have huge earnings on their profile. But all of these freelancers have a "associated with" and then some agency. My suspicion is that all these accumulated hours and earnings are actually the agencies, and not this individual freelancer. Does anyone know how this truly works? 

Secondly, is there any way to post a job and to require that only individuals not associated with an agency can apply? 

15 REPLIES 15
spectralua
Community Member

It is correct.

I saw many times in text that no agencies allowed. But it isnt a solution because many agencies used automatic bots and will spam you anyway. You need to dig that trash yourself.

Dont forget to check Trash Can (Other proposals). Upwork hidding good proposals from freelancers who rejected to pay extra for boosting. Best proposals may be there.

Thanks, so I am correct in my suspicion that when a freelancer has an associated with badge on their profile, and it says "100k in earnings" , those earnings are not their earnings, but are the agencies earnings? And is the feedback score also the feedback score of the agency, and not theirs? 

If they are non-exclusive those are their individual score means their own and they are working with agency as well

Its to the point where I can't post public jobs anymore. Instead I have to manually invite people instead. 

Sory, but as-is. Many clients claimed about spam in proposals.

2 type of agency members here: exclusive and non-exclusive. Second type have own rating and income and able to work with many agencies or standalone.

Why you can't post a job? 🤔

Just curious to know which situation make you to invite freelancers!.? And not seeing proposals which you got.

38b5c2b5
Community Member

I have seen posts which specifically require the talent to be independent (not attached to any agency). I am assuming it is something you can configure when making a job post. Similar to this post I saw recently.

Screenshot_10-5-2024_204240_www.upwork.com.jpeg

It is preffered option but not a restriction. Anyone can ignore that.

Yes that is true but with the price of connects these days less people who are attached to agencies will see the need to apply. 

Agencies dont care about connects cost really. Bot scanning jobs by keywords and apply for any price. But independent freelances will spent less of proposals because it is expensive. Agency goal: take any job then do with own members or resell.

los123
Community Member

Price of connects? What are those? Why would they not apply? 

Freelancers pay to apply for job. It is money wasting because many fake jobs and proposals even never viewed. With boosting (to be shown first) it is an $20.

38b5c2b5
Community Member

Connects are sorta like "coins" used to apply for jobs and we have to pay to get those "coins". When a clients posts a job, it has a certain amount of connects you need to used to send a proposal to that client. It used to costs like 2 to 8 connects to send a proposal but Upwork decided to increase number of connects for a job so now it can range from 8 to 22. This has made freelancers become very picky when it comes to applying for jobs.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Make it a requirement that only individual freelancers can apply for the job.

There are around 100 to 200 individual freelancers that have Million dollar accounts.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths