🐈
» Forums » Clients » room invitation without permission
Page options
maidesk
Community Member

room invitation without permission

hi

What do you think about this behaviour:

During the interview and after sharing in detail the job  the freelancer has invited a developer in the room without my permission, in addition  i have found that this one is not  an  upwork developer.

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
kimm90
Community Member

As an Upwork designer I would be rather disappointed if I was put together with a unknown developer on a project BEFORE hired to one, and if it is in the plan it should be discussed with the freelancer on the job as a sign of respect.
I wouldn’t leave my job for it but I would definitely wonder what use a secondary person would have to the task agreed upon.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bouarfa,

Sorry to hear about this. I see that you've already communicated with one of our chat agents and they are assisting you with changing the freelancer's role/permissions in the Message room. They'll keep you updated via the ticket.

~ Bojan
Upwork
edvinbass
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I have the situation in the room which I'm admin of. The client offered me a job that another freelancer already did but the client is obviously not happy with it. After I sent a few samples of my work he added that other freelancer to the room without my permission or without asking me anything. Isn't that weird? I keep my messages private, I thought it's between me and my client.

Any suggestions on what should I do?

Thank you.

Hi Edvin,

Thanks for sharing your experience and concern. Currently, by design, the owner or an admin of a room can add team members to it. Feel free to discuss with your client, if you have any objections to them including team members. I'll also share your post with our product team.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths