🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Average income these days?
Page options
tomzilla1
Community Member

Average income these days?

Just curious what's everybody's average monthly income these days on Upwork...

31 REPLIES 31
prestonhunter
Community Member

I think I average about 4 or 5 kudos per day. So...  maybe 135 kudos/month. It's a rough estimate.

lol. **bleep**, i average 0 kudos a day.

Hey Tom, you're now 1 kudo up

Smiley Very HappySmiley LOL the most funny stuff I've seen today "3 to  5 kudos " 

I think kudos is a good name for a cryptocurrency. Preston you'd be an instant millionaire :thumbsup: 

Preston H wrote:

I think I average about 4 or 5 kudos per day. So...  maybe 135 kudos/month. It's a rough estimate.

That's nice! What's a kudo worth these days? (I'm mischievously trying to plant a seed that we are paid in kudos. Darn, gave away my play right there.)

how many KUDOS to get a coffee?

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Tom Z wrote:

Interesting question. I'm interested if anybody is willing to share this kind of information, because heck would freeze over before I do. 

Martina P wrote:

Tom Z wrote:

Interesting question. I'm interested if anybody is willing to share this kind of information, because heck would freeze over before I do. 

Well, I am very fortunate and thankful for Upwork. Last year I did well.  But I'm sure that's nothing compared to a lot of other Upworkers... probably there's people making 500k a year on here.

rverang
Community Member

Tom Z wrote:

My 2 cents?

2 cents.

It would not surprise me one bit if some people were actually willing to pay cash for kudos. 

I'll give any kudos I receive away for free (we can discuss terms and conditions via email).

Irene B wrote:

I'll give any kudos I receive away for free (we can discuss terms and conditions via email).

Puhleeeeeze no discussions outside of upwork! Completely unrelated, how much do you charge for solutions?

Hehehehe....you got that....

Solutions? My hourly rate! And it takes me quite some time to think them out with the clock ticking away... I can do keystrokes to prove it!

claudiacezy
Community Member

Some make on average enough to be featured on Forbes for becoming a millionaire with Upwork's help.

This poor guy got only a few kudos ... or did he trade them for cash? https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Upwork-You-helped-me-get-into-Forbes/m-p/819322 (found the post in Tom's profile).

There's hope for me yet.

I haven't received any offers.
Any tips on how to get it?

Kindly complete your profile 100% and make some good proposals in terms of both quantity and quality. 

Hello Jaehun C. Be patient and work hard
kinector
Community Member

I figured from the beginning that you should never start earning peanuts no matter what, so I went straight to coconuts.

The number of them coming in varies every day depending on a multitude of factors, but the consumption side is still the same solid and healthy 1/day. (Over-consumption is not recommended anyway... although I have to admit I tried it once or twice. And personally, seriously, I don't recommend more than 1/day.)
ionutd
Community Member

My earnings on Upwork have been 0 for months. Clients don't seem to hire me even though my portfolio is excellent. Outside Upwork, I'm appreciated, but sometimes I feel as though the wicked witch has sent some sort of curse on this platform. haha. Right now, I'm trying to break this curse though. 

Ionut D wrote:

My earnings on Upwork have been 0 for months. Clients don't seem to hire me even though my portfolio is excellent. Outside Upwork, I'm appreciated, but sometimes I feel as though the wicked witch has sent some sort of curse on this platform. haha. Right now, I'm trying to break this curse though. 

No hard feelings, but you might want to start by checking the spelling in your presentation video.

Thanks Jennifer. I'm not a native English speaker. Can you please let me know what is wrong with the spelling?

Ionut D wrote:

Thanks Jennifer. I'm not a native English speaker. Can you please let me know what is wrong with the spelling?

The German.

2a05aa63
Community Member

Ionut D wrote:

Maybe don't fish for a x2 profile rate of what you actually worked for.

bakhtawar_shah
Community Member

my income is zero due to COVID, but still hope to get work.

Best luck to you bud. Yea covid was pretty rough. What field are you in

martinceisel
Community Member

If kudos are currency, direct invites must be too. Plus one million dollars for a personal note attached. Won't share numbers but the past few months Upwork has comprised some 70% of my monthly freelance revenue.

bakhtawar_shah
Community Member

Hello Tom,

I am not getting orders from Upwork, so I can say it is a big zero, yes its $ 0.00.

Thanks.

guido-martinelli
Community Member

is since october that upwork work badly - at least for me - income halved

but i recover alternative job in **Edited for Community Guidelines**

a concurrent site and am working to have no more need of this not so good job mediator..
2 months and will open the dance. Tourism service for people with disability

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

On one hand we are a large community here, on the other hand everyone's racing on their own track with different seniority levels, different backgrounds and offerings etc. So it probably wouldn't mean a lot knowing how much others make.

I made a fortune (according to my own standards) last year. And then end of the year and begining of 2023 it was just dead silence. Nowadays there's just a bit of work, maybe %10 of my capacity.

It just takes one or two great clients to change the course of ones freelancing journey so i didn't lose hope.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths