🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Content Writer, Copywriter, Copy Editor, Proo...
Page options
603aa5fb
Community Member

Content Writer, Copywriter, Copy Editor, Proofreader and Ghostwriter

Hello everyone!!! To be honest, I'm super exhausted. There's nothing I haven't tried and nothing about Upwork I haven't read. I teach High School students the English Language and its Literature and I'm an online book reviewer. I'm extremely good in those skills in my topic but it's so sad that nobody wants to hire me because I'm new, I don't have a job success score because I've never been hired, I've never been invited for verification or to write the Upwork exam even though I've tried and passed, and I don't have any badge to my profile. How do I get these things, if nobody gives me a job? It's so sad. Can someone please hire me to set my profile rolling to the right direction within the my first year here? I'm giving up already. I really want to work. I'm very good with Ghostwriting, Copywriting, Copy editing, Proofreading and even Content writing. 

Too many people have badges and verified profiles already and clients would definitely pick them over new Freelancers like me, anytime anyday. I don't want to give up and leave Upwork. I love this platform and I want to work here full-time, please. Somebody should hire me, please. 

I really do hope and pray someone reaches out to me. Thanks everyone. Love y'all. Best regards. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
luce-neidert
Community Member

Hi Belynda,

Most people find it extremely difficult to get started on Upwork, particularly in the present situation, so it has nothing to do with you. As you haven't made your profile public, I can't have a look at it. You might be able to improve it?

Anyway, remember that all those people with badges, JSS, experience... have started just like you, with nothing at all.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
luce-neidert
Community Member

Hi Belynda,

Most people find it extremely difficult to get started on Upwork, particularly in the present situation, so it has nothing to do with you. As you haven't made your profile public, I can't have a look at it. You might be able to improve it?

Anyway, remember that all those people with badges, JSS, experience... have started just like you, with nothing at all.

Thank you so much. Thankfully, the support team reached out to me for verification and I'm glad. I appreciate your encouragement, thanks. 

Your profile isn't public, so I can't give you any advice there. But I will say, as a writer, I would think our job searches overlap at least a bit. In that regard, I don't think I've ever seen a job posting for a book reviewer on Upwork. So, I hope you are concentrating on writing, editing, ghostwriting, etc. There are tons of content, blog and SEO writing assignments here.

I'll say (even without seeing your profile) that client reviews give new clients confidence in you. They see others have taken the risk of hiring you and that it turned out OK for them. 

So you have to supply that confidence yourself. Your write up should make use of words like "successful," and "expert," and "excellent results," and "achievement." No one except yourself can give your prospective clients confidence in you at this point. Also, describe your work, not yourself. For example, don't say "I'm motivated." Say, "Short turnaround times are available." Maybe try a couple of those ideas. They might help.  

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your encouragement, but can you please help me?

266b82e2
Community Member

I run a dropservicing business and my specialty (niche) is copywriting, I think that we should work together and guess what?... I'm also new to this, if we work together,with your set of skills and my network we can make some profit. So the only thing we can discuss now is how we split our profits.

7cb6f427
Community Member

Team work is usually the best for a newbie like me

Latest Articles
Learning Paths