🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Well Pay
Page options
Andrea G Community Manager

Crazy Job Postings

Hi all,

We have closed this thread due to its size. Please feel free to continue sharing your experience with odd and curious jobs here.

We encourage you to have fun and discuss your experience. That said, please be mindful of our Community Guidelines and refrain from posting links to job postings, names of persons or companies or any other identifying information. Additionally, if you come across a job that violates Upwork TOS, please flag it as inappropriate following the steps outlined here.

~Andrea
102 REPLIES 102
Nichola L Community Member

In my feed today: (Apart from the fact that it is a scam)

Someone needs translators for different languages "as we are in collision with Upwork to pay immediately after work is done." 

Definitely on course for a crash!

Gergana K Community Member

Perhaps they meant in collusion? Either way, LOL

Nichola L Community Member

They wrote "collision" that is the joke (of course they meant collusion!).

Renata S Community Member

I thought the rate looked half decent until I read the description. The task is to rewrite the book on "women's suffering since the dawn of time."

Cassidy D Community Member

I'm still laughing over this one 🤣

Sheila F Community Member

I saw a job post the other day for a PHP Developer. It had a reasonable hourly rate and nothing in the description seemed odd. Then I noticed "Needs to hire 99 freelancers". What??

Nicole H Community Member

I think it is a good idea to say you need more people as you may get more applicants that way as people will think they have a better chance at getting hired, but 99 PHP developers seems excessive, unless they want to give them all a paid test.

Jeremiah B Community Member

Client job posts be like...

Seeking experienced widget designer, with specific experience in widget widgetry.  Must also possess 15 certifications in widgetry, widgets, and widgetrimming, as well as a license to widge with an idget.  Ideal person must be willing to come to our place of business, as you will be expected to work on the production floor for the duration of the project.  You will need to have a place to stay, such as a hotel room.  This will include widgeting with some widgetets, as well as widgetoting and widgetiting.  We also require that you tell use about all of your widgeting experience and how it relates to the other experience you may have, especially the experience that is covered by an NDA.  We would also really like you to show examples of your NDA work so that we can make an informed decision.  Please include how you overcame those challenges, and also how you receive criticism.

Pay $15-$20 hourly or $200 project.

Glory H Community Member

This is when you need to start your proposal with “Please verify you are a human” and CAPTCHA.

Jeremiah B Community Member

I have no idea how my post became a reply to Sheila F.  Evidently the moderators took my standalone posted thread, combined it here, and added it as a reply to someone else that I was never engaged in any conversation with.  

Business as usual.

Djamel P Community Member

or i'm not a robot 🤣🤣

Konstantina F Community Member

It seems they want paid tests..

Jonthan H Community Member

They had 99 problems.....that needed to be fixed individually by 99 devs. Seems legit. 

Abderrahmane F Community Member

seriusly hhhhh

Peter G Community Member

Is it 50k per person, or per couple, or for both couples...I'm so confused.

Peter G Community Member

Shoot, then count me out. My wife would kill me and my parents would have to change their last name.

There's a job to film yourself tapping your fingers on a table either for a whole hour or livestreamed. Lots of people have already been hired for the job and have nothing but praise for the client.

Peter G Community Member

So I am comforted by seeing fingers tapping on a table. I don't see what's so crazy about that.

"Violinist needed to play this melody I have in my head."

Someone needs a copyeditor for a "nonfixtion" book.
I can see what needs fixting.

But it's "nonfixtion," which means it is impossilbe to fix it!

Peter G Community Member

$3500 for... "In need of someone who can type from JPEGS to word and convert to PDF.

Kindly chat me on telegram." I am all over this one! Yeah, baby, I'm gonna be rich!

Stuart H Community Member

Perhaps the wildest posting I've seen is where a guy had recorded his wife cheating on him secretly and wanted an audio engineer to improve the quality of the audio so he could hear what they were talking about during encounter.

wild world we live in

Peter G Community Member

I just saw a job post that was actually legit! Woo and hoo!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths