Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Customer Service?

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
1 of 15

And so I do something today that I have not done in a very long time - clicked the 'My Stats' tab on my profile. And lo and behold what do I notice under the 'Marketing Effectiveness' portion? It explains my effectiveness 'Among freelancers in Customer Service'. Is what I do customer service? I was not aware of that...or has something changed that I am unaware of? Does yours reflect what you actually do, or do you also have some or other strange category on file?

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 15

Mine says Translation this morning.  In the past it has said Writing.  Wrong and wrong.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 15

Mary W wrote:

Mine says Translation this morning.  In the past it has said Writing.  Wrong and wrong.


_____________________

Mine  doesn't say anything at all other than "Marketing Effectiveness" without specifying (fortunately) . I am sure if it did specify, it would say I was a useless as a web developer, which would be entirely true as this is not one of my skills, although my job feed page seems to think otherwise. 

 

Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 15

24 hours later and apparently I still do customer service Smiley Frustrated

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
5 of 15

Irene B wrote:

24 hours later and apparently I still do customer service Smiley Frustrated


I guess that explains that when I've tried doing a search for something like presentation design, half of the people on the first three pages don't actually do that.

Moderator
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 15

Hi Mary, 

I'm sorry I missed including you in my reply. But I also checked your account. I will come back here once I have more information.


-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
7 of 15

I must be the only person who really doesn't care about these stats. Supposedly I'm compared to other writers, but that's an interesting idea considering  I work in a specific niche and it's not very comparable to a lot of the writing subfields here on Upwork. However, apparently I've been viewed less, but interviewed far more, and hired less (I think that last one is due to the fact that I usually find that it's not a viable client in the interview stage so I walk away). I really do not find these stats useful at all. 

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 15

Amanda L wrote:

I must be the only person who really doesn't care about these stats. Supposedly I'm compared to other writers, but that's an interesting idea considering  I work in a specific niche and it's not very comparable to a lot of the writing subfields here on Upwork. However, apparently I've been viewed less, but interviewed far more, and hired less (I think that last one is due to the fact that I usually find that it's not a viable client in the interview stage so I walk away). I really do not find these stats useful at all. 


I doubt that anyone other than newcomers who haven't been hired much care about these stats. I suspect, though, that most of us care whether we're showing up in searches for the services we offer or in searches for some unrelated field that won't bring us any work.

Community Guru
John B Member Since: Aug 20, 2015
9 of 15

Hello.

Take a screenshot
Connect with Upwork contractor support on the chat facility

It usually takes < 30 seconds to get a customer support

Ask them to help.

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
10 of 15

John B wrote:

Hello.

Take a screenshot
Connect with Upwork contractor support on the chat facility

It usually takes < 30 seconds to get a customer support

Ask them to help.


Please don't call CS about bugs. If everyone did that CS would have no time left for dealing with stuff that they actually can do something about. Much better to report bugs here in the forum.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS