» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Dark theme
Page options
Lukman B Community Member

Dark theme

We need a dark theme for upwork it's so bright at night 😄 😄 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nikola S Moderator

Hi All, 

We would like to let you know that Dark Mode is now available on the Upwork platform. You can change to Dark Mode by following the selecting profile and the top right corner > Theme > Dark Mode.

Below is a screenshot for reference. 

NikolaS_0-1717756342818.png

Feel free to visit this article for more information. We encourage you to try it and share your feedback on this thread

~ Nikola

View solution in original post

191 REPLIES 191
Emilio R Community Member

hell yeah

Pandora H Community Member

+1

Mohammad Sazzad H Community Member

Hi , Now these days every apps adding their feature with dark heme mode. Every body knows about the benefits of dark mode with visual comfort. May I ask how long upwork will take steps to add dark theme mode feature ???

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team. Once we have any plans for introducing a dark mode we will be sure to announce it here in the Community. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Andi S Community Member

a dark theme would be  super useful as the current color scheme is very eye straining

Jason B Community Member

I doubt this will be high up on their list of things to do.

Sofia M Community Member

At least just the the time tracker app... I use chrome with a dark mode extension that works just fine... the web looks pretty cool and my eyes are so grateful, I get headaches so easy with any flash of light, I gotta be carefull or I gotta take like at least an hour out of the light just to avoid a migraine....
 Not trying to be dramatic, but just a reminder, whenever you got the time upwork ppl, but please soon. Thanks! 

Ramiandrisoa A Community Member

Hi everyone,
Is there any change, any update? Do upwork have a dark mode now? Especially on mobile phone app?

Thanks
Richard R Community Member

There is a chrome extension that can be used for the internet version
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en-US

Aliaksandr H Community Member

In 2020 lots of sites support dark themes. Some examples include search engines, social networks, video hostings, source code hostings, message boards. 
Many of them detect which theme is set in the current OS or browser using the `prefers-color-scheme-dark` CSS media query and apply the same theme to the site . More info can be found by searching `prefers-color-scheme-dark` on the internet. Other sites allow to switch themes manually. And some of them can change theme either manually or sync it with OS depending on the user's choice. Also all major operating systems and browsers have dark themes.

I know that there are dark user styles and browser extensions which replace site backgrounds with dark colors, but result frequently looks bad and after any changes of the site structure and site CSS styles these user styles and extensions might stop working properly. So native dark site themes are always preferred. And in case of Upwork apps there's no way to use such extensions. 

So I think it's time to implement dark theme for Upwork site, Upwork desktop tracker app and Upwork mobile apps.  Dark themes save my eyes so much when working at night and I will be so grateful to Upwork team for a dark theme. 

Keith B Community Member

Finally a plugin that works.  thanks for posting that.

Vinod M Community Member

Looking forward to seeing this in the new year...

James M Community Member

this is such a good idea

Mawra W Community Member

Unpopular opinion. While you guys are on upgrading things around here, a Dark Mode for Upwork would be excellent. Thanks in advance! 😁
Joanne P Moderator

Hi Mawra,

Thanks for your feedback. It has been suggested here in the community already, but I'll be happy to share it again with the team. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Mikko R Community Member

Mawra, I'd love a dark them too! 😍

It would make be feel like the Dark Knight every single time I logged in and typed some messages to clients. 🤪

But as this has been suggested before and we're still waiting it to happen, I wouldn't hold my breath. 🤭

So, I guess we need to bring all that darkness into this platform by ourselves. 😈

Would be glad to work with you on this! 🤣
Mawra W Community Member

Mikko, I don't know about others but if we unite, we can summon all the darkness from nightmares and unleash it here on Upwork! *Evil laugh*
All you people better join us... Or be the victim! 😂😂😂
Abinadab A Community Member

Mawra W wrote:
Unpopular opinion. While you guys are on upgrading things around here, a Dark Mode for Upwork would be excellent. Thanks in advance! 😁

It's dead simple to force dark mode onto errything.

All you need do is open the hidden Chrome menu and turn it on.

Note that this won't end the blinding green but it will go some ways.

Mawra W Community Member

Tried it. Didn't get the kick I get from Insta's dark theme. I'm a NYCTOPHILE! I WANT DARKNESS! :new_moon_face::new_moon_face:
Animesh R Community Member

Yes; visually it will be really delighting. Team Upwork can give a serious thought into it

Yuni Nuraini R Community Member

So this has been suggested 2 years ago, yet all that they do ia change the font and interface. I'm really looking forward if Upwork have Dark Theme with some green and white on it. It eases the eye to search for job on both mobile and PC. Please make it available for us to choose.
Maria T Community Member

Yuni Nuraini R wrote:
So this has been suggested 2 years ago, yet all that they do ia change the font and interface. I'm really looking forward if Upwork have Dark Theme with some green and white on it. It eases the eye to search for job on both mobile and PC. Please make it available for us to choose.

Google has an extension for dark mode.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-mode/dmghijelimhndkbmpgbldicpogfkceaj
I have not tried it, but perhaps it serves you for something 🙂

Ghazali K Community Member

When is Upwork going to add dark mode on the website and on the apps?

Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Ghazali,

Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion. I'll pass this along to the appropriate team again and hope our team will consider your suggestion in the near future.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Usman Y Community Member

[image: image.png] use this chrome extension called "dark reader"
Latest Articles
Learning Paths