🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Does clients see our community badges?
Page options
mhashirhassan22
Community Member

Does clients see our community badges?

I ve been working on upwork for years now but I just started participating on upwork since I lost my interest on stackoverflow. 

I was wondering if these community badges will appear to clients? Will they help in client relationship establishment? I think nowadays clients need more help than freelancers -- thinking out loud!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mhashirhassan22
Community Member

I just confirmed from upwork support. Clients won't be able to see the community badges on "upwork freelance profile" since community is supposedly a separate platform. If clients or anyone login to community upwork only then will they be able to see the badges

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
chedyy
Community Member

Hello Muhammad. Yes, I think clients see them. 

9e6363b0
Community Member

Yes, hope it helps to get weightage too.

bishal_barua
Community Member

Yes! They can see the badges on the community because they are also members to this community...😊

mhashirhassan22
Community Member

I just confirmed from upwork support. Clients won't be able to see the community badges on "upwork freelance profile" since community is supposedly a separate platform. If clients or anyone login to community upwork only then will they be able to see the badges

well, that's a bummer 😅

Hi Muhammad,

thanks for sharing this information!

Muhammad Hashir H wrote:

But on the bright side, you won a Soaring Solutions badge for accepting your own reply as the solution. Nicely done! 👏

This is good to know! Thank you.

good question! thanks for bringing this to table! and also thanks the person that responded with official information from upwork.

Thanks for the followup on that!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

The badges are participation awards for the community. They have nothing to do with your profile. It is of no benefit to a client's project that people participate in the community, it would be terrible if they were shown on a freelancer profile. 

There are already badges on freelancer profiles such as top-rated, and most importantly, the rating, which can help a client to decide who to hire. 

arun092
Community Member

Clients can see our current badge on our profile. 

Only if they come to the forum (which clients rarely do), then click on your name to see your community profile (which is highly unlikely). 

Not the community badges. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths